Chapter 10 - Cabin Arrests

When you get tired, learn to rest not quit
(I need your help)

"What just buzzed?" Chase asks.

"One of our phones. Check," I tell him pointing to my desk. They seperate us all by class for "house arrest". Chase and I got a small ass cabin with bunk beds.

"Thought you didn't get them?" Chase says, walking over to my desk. I sit up from my top bunk watching him.

"Well I did. It was a joke," I laugh awkwardly.

"When you get tired, learn to rest not quit. I need your help," he finishes reading the text.

"Is that my phone?" I ask and he nods. I jump down from my top bunk and run over to him. I take my phone from his hand and read the message.

"Who is it?" He asks.

"My sister," I breathe out.

••••Flashback

"Charm you need to run," she yells.

"I can't fucking lose you. Not again," I cry out. Tears are streaming down our faces as I try and untie her feet. "What the fuck is this material," I yell frustrated not being able to untie her legs.

"Charm look at me," she says grabbing my face. "You need to go. I'll be fine," she assures me, wiping my tears. I take a deep breath and stand up.

"I'm coming back for you," I tell her.

"I know. I love you CK," she smiles.

"Don't say goodbye. I love you CK," I hug her tightly one last time before running away.

•••••Flashback Over

"Charm!" Chase yells, bringing me back to reality.

"Yeah?" I ask, wiping the fallen tear. He places his hands on my shoulders turning me to face him.

"Why does she need help?" He asks.

"Basically before I was adopted I was kidnapped. We were kidnapped. Basically I got out and she didn't. I wanted to go back for her so fucking bad," I explain.

"But I couldn't. They sent me halfway across the country for this bullshit adoption. Because apparently my parents are bad people but they aren't," I admit feeling the tears brim my eyes.

"I-I went back at some point. But they took her somewhere else," I start breaking down remembering the memories I tried so hard to forget. That fucking place was like being sold to the devil. Being his puppets.

I drop to my knees crying. Breaking down. In front of Chase. I haven't cried in so long. Funny how a text message can bring the worse out of you. I feel a warm embrace around me. Being pulled into Chase's chest. I let my walls crack for this.

"Sorry," I laugh, wiping my tears. Chase held me in his arms for about five minutes now.

"Don't be," he whispers.

"Shit I should text her," I stand up and grab my phone to text her back. Nothing. I wait around pacing in my room for a text back. Nothing. Ten minutes has now gone by of me waiting and Chase watching as I pace back and forth.

"Food!" A knock at the door sounds. Chase walks to it and takes the box of food. This is how they feed us. He walks it over to the desk and starts taking things out.

"Hey it's tacos today. Do you want a beef or chicken one?" He questions in a cheery voice. I know he's trying to cheer me up.

"Neither. Not hungry right now," I tell him, staring at my phone. I take a seat on his bed waiting for a text back.