Ch. 3

Hermione could hear Ginny grumbling to herself as the two of them made their way towards the large stone walls. As the girls grew closer, the walls seem to only grow taller around them, and it soon became very clear that neither of them could see an obvious entrance.

"Uhhh..." Hermione took a few steps back to look across the sprawling wall. "Do you see an opening?"

"Nope," Ginny answered unhappily with a small pop on the 'p' for emphasis. "Why am I not surprised that they would do this to us, the bastards..."

Frowning in agreement, Hermione began to slowly walk to the left, looking at the walls for any sign of an entrance. There were vines with budding flowers covering many of the walls, but as she walked further along she only grew more frustrated with the lack of a door.

Ginny, on the other hand, was barely paying any attention to the wall as a nearby flash of color that caught her eye.

She blinked a few times before rubbing her eyes to make sure she had seen correctly; sure enough, what she originally thought was a bug with bright wings was actually a small fairy. And it was smiling at her.

"Hermione," She called out, staring at the fairy. "Are you seeing this?"

"Seeing what?" Came the frustrated answer. "Did you find a door?"

"No, but I found something else rather interesting," Ginny said, slowly reaching out an open palm. "Either there's something in the air, or there's a fairy right in front of me!"

"What?!"

Ginny continued to stare as the fairy as it glided through the air towards her open palm, gently stepping down and smiling up at the red head. She smiled back, letting out a small laugh before looking back towards Hermione.

"You should come see this!" She said excitedly.

A sudden harsh pinch made her gasp and her head whipped back around as she waved her hand, promptly tossing the fairy in the air.

"What the hell!" She exclaimed, grasping her hand and glaring at the fairy before inspecting her skin. Sure enough, there was a tiny set of teeth marks on the end of her finger and she glared again as she quickly turned away and made her way towards Hermione.

"What was that?" Hermione asked as she raised an eyebrow, looking over to see Ginny angrily stomping towards her.

"Bloody fairy bit me," Ginny grumbled.

Rolling her eyes slightly, Hermione turned back towards the wall and continued to look with an angry sigh before starting to walk the opposite length of the wall. "I don't know how they expect us to enter this labyrinth without a set of doors or an entrance."

Ginny didn't say anything as she began to inspect the wall as well. There was one section of wall that she was continuously drawn to, but she wasn't quite sure why. As she stepped closer to inspect it further, she realized that unlike the rest of the stone wall, this set of wall was made of metal and it conveniently had a subtle line through the center.

"Hermione..." She started with a grin as she stepped backwards. "I think this is the entrance."

"What?!" Hermione raced to her friend's side as she stared up at the metal wall, her brow furrowing. "How could I have missed that? I looked over this area a least a few times!"

"Well what matters is that we found it," Ginny said reassuringly, stepping forward again to push on the metal doors.

When they didn't immediately budge, she pushed again on them with more force, groaning to herself. Hermione frowned and chewed on the inside of her cheek as she tried to think.