Chapter 5

He was never crazy for electronics. He could use his phone for roughly half an hour and end up being bored or with his arms aching in protest after being still for so long.It was always a mystery to him how his friends could play Xbox for hours or scroll through Instagram to relieve boredom.

But there's only enough a person can do while sitting in a room for hours, sadly, this time he doesn't have his phone. He had realized that on his first day here only but it actually seemed absurd to let a rehab patient have his phone. It had been hours since he had last seen Sage.

As if being left alone was not enough, he couldn't get today's events out of his head. Its not like everyday you find a midget sized psycho killer threatening to deep fry you. He chuckled at the thought, wondering how she was gutsy enough to come barging in a rehab patient's room and threatened him.

He wasn't dumb, he could tell that she was Rose's family, maybe a sister or friend but still it doesn't explain how they let her come in. As far as he could remember, his father was singing praises about how this place was one of the best in the countries, in terms of facilities and privacy. Obviously, he was worried about his son's photograph being plastered on the front page of a newspaper with the word 'junkie' scribbled upon it. Couldn't risk him causing problems for the business.

His stomach was growling for food. Due to this morning's fiasco Sage had forgotten to bring him breakfast, not like he would have taken any thing from her. He hadn't forgotten how she had believed that he would hurt Rose. His stomach growled again,surely calling him a liar for the former part.

There were three light knocks on the door. It isn't her, his mind reminded him. A mousy girl in green scrubs entered the door with a tray held in her arms. He could feel the elephants marching in his stomach jump at the sight. Her eyes downcast and a huge black birthmark on the left side of her face,stretching from the upper corner of her eyes to lips.

"Uh-uh Sir, here's your lunch", her voice was shaking with every word she spoke. Standing a step away from his bed, beads of perspiration were sparkling on her forehead.

" What about my breakfast?", her eyes flew open in astonishment. He felt like a lion circling around his prey. What a uncanny resemblance.

"S-Sir. Mr Mill-er"

" What is the problem with you, woman?"

"Nothing, Sir. Here is your lunch" the tray placed in front of him was looking as if it came straight out of a hotel rather than a rehab, with the heavenly smell of ginger pork and cabbage stir fry wafting up his nose and a slice of carrot cake on the side. If he thought that the breakfast was good then this was mind-fucking-blowing good.

Before she could make an escape, his hand darted out and caught her elbow. At the contact with another squeak she jumped. He was definitely loving this.

"What is your name?", his voice sounded velvety even to his own ears, the things you do to get answers. And he sure as hell wasn't letting he go until he was satisfied.

" Emma"

"Alright Emma. I'm Robin", she only bobbed her head up and down in response.

"Use your words,Emma"

"I-I know who you are, Sir", her ears had turned a crimson red.

Just like someone's hair

He shook his head as soon as the thought came in his mind, sounding almost absurd. The gears in his head began shifting at her statement. He had seen the similar look on people's faces and he cold belt all his money that this had something to do only with one person.