Holding Hands

I'm on a roll today- three (kind of four) updates in one day... where did this motivation come from-

Back to story

Once Reiner had finished his job, both (Y/n) and Marcel jumped down off the wall, digging their claws into the wall, while still falling, leaving a trail of deep claw marks on the wall.

Both of them bounded off the wall, landing gracefully near Reiner's decomposing Titan body. Somehow the others riding on (Y/n) and Marcel's shoulders had been holding on.

"Next time warn us before you do that shit." Annie hissed in (Y/n)'s ear. (Y/n)'s Titan flushed somehow, before grumbling something incoherent.

Reiner emerged from his Titan, and Marcel picked him up, before putting him on his shoulder.

Both (Y/n) and Marcel came out of their Titans after almost a day of being in there. Marcel and (Y/n) had deep muscle marks upon their faces, a lot of the skin having been brunt off. The other three would've been sacred by this, but they were used to seeing it. Their faces regenerated quickly, though the muscle marks remained. Both of them let out a breath of relief being out of the intense heat their Titans offered. (Y/n) and Marcel both then looked at each other, smiling, their way of saying good job.

"We did very well, now we just have to sneak in with the refugees." Marcel started to think of a plan out loud. (Y/n) was enjoying the nice cool air, since the sun was set by now, the air head gotten colder. (Y/n) then noticed that Bertolt was shaking, making (Y/n) look at him.

Bertolt was on Marcel's shoulder, so (Y/n) had to maneuver his Titan to grab him. Bertolt let (Y/n) grab him, knowing (Y/n) wouldn't hurt him.

(Y/n) gently set Bertolt on his shoulder, "What's wrong Bertolt?" (Y/n) asked, Annie going to Marcel's shoulder to give them privacy. Reiner and Marcel were talking to each other, distracted by something.

"We...just killed all those people." Bertolt whispered. (Y/n) then sighed, he knew Bertolt was a gentle soul, and wasn't really cut for killing people. He has a lot of potential, but he's so shy.

(Y/n) pulled his hand out of his Titan, his hand steaming, the skin on his hand having been burnt off from the intense heat of the muscles.

"Bertolt..." (Y/n) didn't know how to say it, "This is what we came to the island for. To get rid of the Island Devils, once and for all." (Y/n) attempted to comfort him. (Y/n) was never the best at comforting people, he usually only made jokes out of serious situations, trying to ease the tension.

"Yeah...I suppose." Bertolt whispered, taking a few second to breath. Once he'd kind of calmed down, he looked to (Y/n) and nodded his head. "You're right (Y/n)...I apologize for the break down." He whispered. (Y/n) smiled kindly at him, his rosy cheeks still hot to the touch. (Y/n) would've hugged him, though he would've just burned Bertolt. His skin was as hot as hit Titan's internal body temperature, so he refrained from touching him.

"I would hug you, but you know." (Y/n) smiled a goofy smile. This made, not only Bertolt, but everyone else smile. They were tired and worn out from today, and seeing the Sunshine of the group smile, made them gain more energy.

"Alright, I have a plan! First we will have to follow the river to where ever the boats lead, and then all of us have to be human and walk in with the other refugees." Marcel concluded a plan.

(Y/n) nodded his head, "Alright, should we leave now? Or in the morning?" (Y/n) asked, his energy seemingly never depleting. "If you all are tired, I can run tonight, and by morning we should be at the second wall." (Y/n) offered kindly.

They all smiled at (Y/n)'s offer, and was about to decline, but (Y/n) gave them a smile meaning, 'It sounded like an offer, though it was an order.' They all immediately got onto (Y/n), Marcel jumping out of his Titan, steam rising from the intense heat.

"Now you all rest as best you can." (Y/n) went back into his Titans nape. The others all sat down on (Y/n)'s shoulders, trying to get as comfortable as they could. (Y/n) didn't move as fast, wanting to give them a smooth ride.

Each of them somehow got comfortable on (Y/n)'s shoulder, tying (Y/n)'s long locks around their waists, preventing themselves from falling to the ground when sleeping. (No they are not hanging or some shit)

(Y/n) braced himself for long night of running.

Timeskip

All four of the ones on (Y/n) were abruptly woken up, by falling onto the ground... gently. (Y/n) had dropped them from his hands, but luckily for them, it wasn't far off the ground.

"Ugh... seriously (Y/n)?" Annie irritably rubbed the back of her head, but (Y/n) knew she wasn't really mad. (Y/n) huffed as a yes, before coming out of his nape. He looked exhausted, though had a cheeky smile on his face.

"Yep!" (Y/n) popped the P, jumping out of hit Titan's nape. He nearly fell onto his knees, not used to being out of his Titan yet. He'd been in there for about 48 hours, so he needed some rest. "And we're about an hours walk away from the walls, and if we're fast enough, we'll make it in with the refugees." (Y/n) concluded, looking at the rising sun.

They all nodded, before slowly setting off to the Walls.

Timeskip

All of them had somehow made it in time with the refugees, each of them so tired and worn out, they could be mistaken as refugees.

"Remember just blend in..." Annie reminded quietly. Each of them nodded, putting their heads down, and blending in with the crowd.

(Y/n) noticed that Bertolt and Reiner were getting nervous, one showing it more than the other. Annie and Marcel we're struggling to keep up, the adults just pushing past them. (Y/n) then grabbed Annie and Bertolt's hands, signaling to grab the other two's hands.

Each of them walked side by side, holding hands, trying to comfort each other. They weren't used to their island, and all they could rely on was each other now. They had no way of communicating with Marley now, so they only had each other.

"They're the only ones I have left..."