Training

After that day, (Y/n) and the others had slowly grown accustomed to Paradis Island. All of them had grown closer, making a sort of bond that is unbreakable.

"Come onnn." (Y/n) whined, throwing on his cadet's uniform. They'd joined the military there, to infiltrate their way deeper into the island. They couldn't get into Wall Sina as regular citizens, they'd need to be in the Military Police.

Of course they'd already decided what regiments they'd go into, but that's for another time.

(Y/n) was begging Annie to teach him how to put on the, (Y/n)'s words, damn confusing straps.

Annie sighed and shook her head in mild amusement.

"Alright this is how..." Annie started to demonstrate. (Y/n) copied her, a goofy smile upon his face.

He knew perfectly well how to put them on, but he wanted to talk to Annie.

"And that's it." Annie finished, (Y/n) finished right after her.

"Thanks Raion!" (Y/n) jeered her nickname. (Raion means Lion in Japanese)

The first time he called her that, she just stared at him dumbfounded. He had to explain where he got the nickname from, before asking if he could call her that.

Annie ended up having to cover up a slight blush, before saying he could calls her that quietly.

(Y/n) smiled before walking out to where they'd meet their instructor for the next 3 years.

Each of them lined up in their distinct spot, according to their last name, and stood at attention.

People started to file in more and more till what seemed like everyone was there.

Shortly there after, a man in a long trench coat, and an aged face came out of a cabin thing.

"ATTENTION!" His loud voice sounded, standing in front of each of them. All of them straightened up, guessing this is the instructor.

(Y/n) observed his face, the wrinkles near his eyes, the goatee on his chin, right down the the creepy ass look in his eyes. (Y/n) shuddered when he saw that look in his eyes, it was murderous.

Granted it was nothing compared to the Marleyan Soldiers, and their big guns.

"My name is Keith Shadis, and I will be your personal escort to hell." He sneered, "If you get nightmares so horrid of this place, I will know I've done my job right! It is my job to form you all into proper soldiers, without you all becoming TITAN FODDER!" His voice raised at the end, as if he wasn't yelling the whole time.

Everyone was holding their breaths as (Y/n) looked around, wondering why they were scared of him.

"AND WHO MIGHT YOU BE MAGGOT?" The instructors voice yelled. The blonde haired boy in front of him immediately saluting, showing respect to Shadis.

"Aw the fun has begun!" (Y/n) thought to himself, sarcasm coating his thoughts. "He looks kinda like an egg..." (Y/n) thought amusedly to himself, looking at the Shadis.

"ARMIN ARLERT FROM SHINGANSHINA DISTRICT!" The boy with long-ish blonde hair yelled, looking like he was about to shit his pants.

"AND WHO GAVE YOU SUCH A HORRENDOUS NAME MAGGOT?" Shadis yelled back.

"THAT WOULD BE MY GRANDFATHER SIR!" Armin kept his salute strong.

"YOU WILL MAKE A NICE LIGHT SNACK ARMIN ARLERT!" Shadis snarled, "NOW ROW FOUR ABOUT FACE!" He ordered, all of them immediately following after.

This went on for a while, until he reached a two toned haired boy. He had a smug smile on his face, even when going to salute to the screaming egg.

"AND WHAT WOULD YOUR NAME BE?" Shadis yelled, spit most likely flying onto the horse looking male.

"JEAN KIRSTEIN!" He yelled back, the smug look on his face staying.

"AND WHAT IS YOUR REASON FOR WANTING TO BECOME A SOLDIER?" Shadis yelled, getting pissed off at Jean's smug face.

"I WISH TO BE APART OF THE MILITARY POLICE, LIVING IN THE INTERIOR!" He yelled with a LOT of honesty and courage.

(Y/n) swore he could see a vein pop out of Shadis' neck.

Jean didn't even see it coming before a pounding pain attacked his head. Shadis had head-butted the boy, making him crumple into a pathetic ball on the ground.

"IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT KIRSTEIN, THAN FORGET BEING IN THE MILITARY POLICE!" Shadis yelled at the miserable boy on the ground.

One boy caught the attention of Shadis, a boy with freckles and bright smile adorning his face. Despite the yelling going on around him, his smile didn't falter.

"WIPE THAT SMILE OFF YOUR FACE MAGGOT!" Shadis yelled at the poor boy. The boy didn't seem fazed though, "WHAT IS YOUR NAME?!"

"My name is Marco Bodt!" He smiled proudly, one of the first people not to yell.

CRUNCH

The noice was barely audible, it didn't even faze Shadis or his next victim.

(Y/n) looked next to him, only to see a girl eating a potato, making (Y/n) deadpan at her.

Shadis was now holding a poor bald guy by his head, which looked painful.

CRUNCH

The girl bit into the potato, but it was a bit louder this time.

Shadis heard it this time, dropping the boy he was holding onto the ground.

Shadis nearly ran over to where this girl was eating, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" He yelled in fury. The girl merely took another bite from her potato, before finally saluting to Shadis.

"Sasha Blouse from Dauper!" She answered. "And I'm currently eating a steamed potato!" Shadis' eyes twitched at her response.

"Did I ask for your name?" He seethed, "And where did you get that steamed potato?" He asked oddly calm.

"I found it on a table in the mess hall, and it looked very delicious. I decided to give it shelter in my stomach." She answered, making (Y/n) mentally facepalm.

"And why are you eating it?" He asked, his patience onto becoming more thin than before.

"Are you asking why people eat potato's sir? I'm shocked you don't know." She asked, genuinely confused.

Now everyone, if they weren't already, were staring at this interaction with such utter disbelief. (Y/n) was so close to facepalming at her stupidity, not believing someone can be this stupid.

Sasha then proceeded to break the potato into VERY uneven pieces, and offered the significantly smaller piece to Shadis, "Here sir... have half."

"This is going to be a long three years..."