basement

all 3 of us go to Larry's room and sit. im holding Sal in my arms like a child as he continues to cry. Larry sits on his knees, head in hands. "y/n, i need space right now. i appreciate you. thank you for being here I just - i need to be alone." Sal says with a shaky voice. he rubs my cheek with his thumb and hurry's out.

      "lar... lar you okay?come here." with just Larry and i in the room the tension is somewhat high. he scoots close to me- almost too close. I shouldn't feel so awkward around him he's my best friend , i just feel weird because of the bond him and Sal have. how close is too close?

   Larry lays his head on my shoulder as he calms down. "sals lucky to have you, y/n . we're all lucky to have you in our lives - to have met a girl like you" he looks down at me. i can feel my cheeks burn but Larry doesn't seem to mind the fact that I'm embarrassed. he keeps talking, leaning closer to me. "sals got a lot of shit going on in his head, but he's a good kid yunno. i just can't understand why- .." he falls silent. "why did you choose him over me?" i draw back from Larry harshly.

"wha- what!!? what are you talking about Larry i-" he cuts me off, "wait! im sorry my mind is in scrambles right now i don't know what im saying. i just hate feeling like im worthless . "

"Larry, your dad loved you. i can tell he did. you're a big part of mine and sals life, and the rest of the gang too. we all need you yunno. you aren't worthless by any means." Larry looks at me and slightly grins. "i know you're going through a lot right now. I'll always be here if you need me." Larry grabs my cheek and i freeze. It feels as if time itself is frozen and I don't know what to say or do. suddenly i draw back and Larry drops his hand.

      "y/n lemme ask you a question, out of me and Sal-... who's better looking?" i gasp. "Larry how could you ask me something like that?" he grabs my cheek again and in one sudden movement his lips are on mine.

   the door burst open as Sal walks in- and then stops dead in his tracks. i pull away harshly. "Larry how could you!" without thinking i push him away from me and stand up with a jolt . Sal storms towards Larry and tries to hit him but Larry stops him. "Sal i didn't mean it- i didn't take my meds today I-" "HOW COUKD YOU??" Sal is the angriest I've ever seen him, he wasn't even this mad when Travis took his mask. this side of him is scary. "Sal you better leave and come back later before you talk to me. get out." Sal jolts up and angrily storms towards me.

   without thinking he grabs me by my waist and keeps walking. it was one swift motion, he grabbed me without stopping and i followed. he was gripping my side tightly, im not sure wether it was out of anger or not.  suddenly he stops in the middle of the hall. "what the HELL did i just walk in on?" I can tell he's angry. "Sal i had NO IDEA he was gonna do that-" "oh really? are you sure? you sure you didn't know he was gonna kiss you when he was only 5 inches away from your face?? what are Stu-" he stops himself abruptly before insulting me.

   I can feel my voice shaking. "Sal he tried to stay close to me the whole time- i swear to you i kept backing away. he- he grabbed me by my face and had done it before i could pull away." Sal stares at me angrily. "you don't have to believe me Sal, I understand that Larry is like your brother-" "YEAH. YEAH HE- yeah he is." i can tell he's trying to lower his voice. "why the hell would he do that ?" "he was asking me weird questions all night Sal. he asked me who i thought was more attractive and then asked why i chose you over him. i wanted to leave but every time i thought i should go he pulled out some sob story and i..." I'm crying to hard to talk now.

    "Sal i swear to you, i didn't know he was gonna kiss me. I pulled away immediately." Sal has calmed down and I can hear a kinder tone in his voice. "i.. i know. I walked in right before he did it- i saw you immediately pull away from him. it's just hard trying to wrap my mind around the fact that he would do that." i try to calm down. "I'm not asking you to believe me over Larry. im just asking you to realize that i didn't kiss back-... that i would never do anything like that to hurt you ." Sal comes closer to me and rubs my side where he grabbed it gently. he placed his hand on my cheek. "im sorry y/n. i know that you'd never do that. im sorry i got angry." he slightly pulls his mask off and goes to kiss me- but stops. i pull away.

   "I'm sorry y/n it just- i wanna kiss you but it feels wrong. I just feel.... you've been through a lot today ." he pulls his mask back down slowly. i start crying again. "im not trying to hurt you I-" "i know." i cut him off. "Sal i need you to trust me. i didn't want that to happen. it'll never happen again." i wipe my lips with my finger , as if im trying to remove any past trace on them. my lipstick smudges onto my fingers as tears run down my face. "can we go to your place?" Sal suggests.