Rodrick Heffley - Guitar Chick

A/n: I was playing my guitar and thought of this sooo yea enjoy!
• • •

You entered the theatre and a bunch of people were running around getting ready for the show. You and your friends had a band and decided to sign up for plainviews talent show.

"Y/N! Stop daydreaming and go tune up your guitar!" Your friend yelled. You were the guitarist for the band and everyone supported your love for music. You and your band had decided for tonight you'd do a cover of "arabella" by Arctic monkeys. You were quite nervous since you had a guitar solo and for the past few days you had been practicing day and night.

"Nice guitar" You looked up and saw a boy with shaggy hair and crappy eyeliner. He had drumsticks in his hand. "Thanks, nice drumsticks, are you in a band?" You asked.

"Oh yeah, it's called loded diper you may have heard of us" He said a little to cocky. "Actually I haven't" He frowned "Oh you haven't? Well maybe you've heard of me" He extended his arm out for you to shake his hand. "Rodrick Heffley, the best drummer in plainview" He smiled.

"Y/N Y/L/N, the best guitarist in plainview and I highly doubt your the best drummer since ours is clearly the best" He looked shocked "Oh your in a band too?" He asked "Yup" just as he was about to speak they called your band up to the stage. "Well then Y/N may the best band win" You grabbed your guitar and headed towards your bandmates. "Break a leg! Literally!" Rodrick yelled from behind you.

"Who was that?" Your friend asked "I'll tell you after the show"

After the show

"That. Was. Awesome dude!" You had finished your performance and your practice had payed off. "Hey Y/N!" It was Rodrick. You ran over to him.

"That was amazing! Maybe you are the best guitarist" He said "Maybe?" I asked "I mean you are. You really are" Once again your conversation was interrupted by the announcer "Next up loded diper!" "Well that's me" he shrugged. You giggled and leaned forward to whisper something in his ear "Break a leg" You kissed his cheek and walked away.

Rodrick stood there in awe. "Hey Rodrick snap out of it!" Bill yelled at him "We got to go come on!"

After their performance

To be honest you were speechless. Literally. They completely embarrassed themselves but you had to admit Rodrick looked hot playing the drums.

"Uh hello earth to Y/N? Are you good?" Your friend asked. "Oh yeah I'm fine, just fine" You smiled looking back at Rodrick getting off the stage. "It's the drummer boy isn't it" She asked. You nodded and blushed. "I knew it, you know his friend doesn't look to bad either" She pointed towards them.

As soon as you and Rodrick made eye contact he walked over to you. Your friend smiled. "Good luck" She then left. You went up to Rodrick and hugged him. "That was great Rodrick" "Thanks, I guess now you know who the best drummer is" He smiled "Yeah my friend and totally not you" He looked offended "You probably didn't hear it because of all the noise" there was a long pause "maybe I could call you next week so I can show you some real drumming" You blushed "Rodrick Heffley, are you asking for my number and asking me out?" He started blushing too "Uh- maybe" You laughed and took out a pen "Give me your arm" He extended his arm out but he couldn't see what you were writing.

You put the pen back in your pocket and winked at him before walking away. He looked at his arm and saw your number. Above it, it said 'call me'.

His friend Ben came up behind him. "Did you talk to the guitar chick? Cause if you didn't I want her"

"Shut up Ben. Besides I got her already" He showed Ben his arm. "Nice dude! But still maybe if things don't work out I can have her" he smirked "Hey back off will ya? She's my guitar chick"