It's Just You and Me - Part 4

Kidnapped/Modern AU

Poppy and Branch are in their home city Police Station. The Coast Guards had brought them there discretely. They are in the Chief of Police's office.

"So Mr Kendrick managed to find his girlfriend with his own investigation after a year of being missing himself?", the Chief of Police asks.

He remembers Poppy and how crazy and determined he was to find Branch.

" Oh,we're not a couple... ",Branch and Poppy corrects.

Then Branch and Poppy looked at each other. The two trolls wish they could be. The Chief is not convinced. He could tell that both of them are in love with each other. Plus he saw them act a little like a couple earlier.

Months Later, things had been crazy for Branch and Poppy! Nobody really understood Branch and Poppy. They have been a little different and when the two trolls would talk about their experiences it surprised everyone else! Branch and Poppy are alone sometimes but,it's not like before. When they are alone together it doesn't last as long as they like it to. Poppy has been trying to get Branch alone so he could ask her out but, something would kill the moment or take one of them away from each other!

Right now Poppy is at Branch's apartment. Tonight he is finally going ask her! The two sit on the couch watching a Romantic Comedy. There is a almost empty bowl of Popcorn on the coffee table. Branch snuggles into Poppy as he has an arm around her.

They missed snuggling each other like this. The pink troll let's out a laugh at a dirty joke. Branch just rolls her eyes at the same joke. The end credits of the movie start rolling down. The female troll sits up and pauses the movie with the remote. Then Branch and Poppy look at each other.

"There's something I need to talk to you about.",Branch and Poppy say together.

They both realize what they just said.

" You go first...",Branch says encouraging.

"No,you go first...", Poppy encourages.

Poppy gives Branch an encouraging smile. Branch let's out a breath she was holding.

" Poppy,a few days ago I was offered a big job...",Branch says a little nervous.

Poppy gives Branch a happy smile. Branch's job does not make her happy. He believes that she deserves to have a better job.

"That's amazing, Branch! What will you be doing?", Poppy asks excited.

" Oh,it's nothing very grand... I'll just be in charge of big Engineering Project for two months! I get to design it too!",Branch says softly at first then becomes excited.

Poppy is so happy for and proud of Branch. She doesn't have her Engineering Degree from MIT for nothing!

"Why didn't tell sooner? I'm so proud of you! You will do amazing!", Poppy says excited then hugs Branch.

Branch hugs Poppy back. She has a big smile on her face but,then it fades away as she thinks about the other part of job.

" But,I will have to go to Country...",Branch says sad.

Poppy's heart stops immediately! Now he felt conflicted about this. On the one hand the job is something big and possibly kick off the career she always wanted but, she would be going away again... He didn't want her leave.

"I already accepted it and have to leave tomorrow...", Branch says quietly.

Normally Poppy would be all supportive and encouraging but,due to recent events Poppy's reaction was different...