part9

Marie pov.

After settling in well,in my assigned  office,I scratched my head and took in the furniture. My desk was coal black. I ran my palm over it. It was as smooth as a pickup line. I chuckled at myself for thinking like that.

Everything was perfect for me. Even the snow-white marble floor. I laughed out loud when I noticed my simple black flats. They stood out against the white floor.

"I look so out of place." I breathed out going through the files on my computer.

After reading them for a while,I unconsciously started running my fingers through my long dreadlocks.

"God,I need a good massage after this." I chuckled at myself.

Who talks to herself? Well Marie does. I shook my head. I looked at my golden wrist watch.

"Damn it's already noon!" I didn't even feel the slightest pang of hunger. But damn was I tired. I am already done with the day as it is.

The damned Jonas had really worked up my muscles. It's like he thought that I was a machine or something. I fucking hate his guts already. I can't believe that am gonna deal with his shit for three months.

It's been only five hours and am about done. My muscles are on fire. I switched off my computer and laid my head on top of the cool desk. This is already hell. I closed my eyes for what felt like a quick second when I heard a hasty knock on the door. I hope this isn't the damn Jonas!

I dragged my leaden feet,stretched my back and went to open the door.
"Oh hi Kelly!" I chirped. I really like her. She is a good person. Her attitude is good and entertaining.

"Hi Marie! How is your day going?" She smiled sweetly.

"Oh you don't wanna know Kelly. Is he always like this?" I cracked my knuckles sighing.

"Yeah but you'll get used to."

"So...what did you need?" I smiled softly at her.

"Was wondering if you'd love to have lunch together. And maybe I could show you around. Only if you want to of course." She said hastly.

"That's so nice of you. I would love to. Could use a familiar face around here." I chuckled gesturing the huge desolate hallways. The damn things have me the creeps. I wonder what lurks around here.

No am not a coward or anything. But with a big unfamiliar office like this,you wouldn't know. I just want the three months to get done with. I hope the other workers are as nice. I don't want no drama. But I could tell that Carolina and I aren't gonna get accuinted.

I don't care though,I came here to work not make friends. But I figured having lunch with Kelly wouldn't hurt. I maybe a loner but I still allowed myself some smart conversations here and there.

"Okay,see you then!" Kelly grinned wider skimpering away.

How can she have such energy? Maybe Jonas doesn't overwork her. I sat back at the soft chair and leaned against it,and thought about my life. How I came here. I smiled at the memories. Oh the good days.

I was planning on staying the hell away from Jonas. I wasn't about to let him treat me like some slave or something. And neither will I let him look down on me like some sort of lowlife. I worked my ass off to be here. Well I worked my ass off to be where I am in life.

When the clock struck one, Kelly was already here smiling sheepishly. Guess someone is excited for lunch. I was famished as well. I ordered some lasagna and an orange juice to go with. I wolfed them down as I listened to Kelly talk about her life.

She told me about how she grew up. She grew up on love. Both her parents are country people. She is an only child and I could tell from her personally that her parents are good at their job. Kelly is a sweetheart. Someone I would get well along with.

She is single but open to a relationship. Can't say the same thing about myself  though. Am about as closed off as a barricaded jail cell. Some people say that I have a repellant personality. Well that how I grew up. Also I love solitude. That's where I thrive in.

I don't know how to let people in. And I don't need to. Kelly didn't seem to care though. She just went on about her life story. I gave her a few nods and smiles where necessary. I might be closed off but not a total bitch. Well as some have called me. Still I don't care about what other people say.

Kelly says that she loves my skin and hair. She even asked to touch my locs. I hate body contact but she is comfortable enough so I allowed. She seems mesmerized by it. Wondering how I made it like this. I shrugged my shoulders explaining briefly how dreadlocks are made.

I looked around the cafeteria. I had felt some eyes on me. I wonder who could be stalking me. I locked eyes with Carolina who was giving me a mean mug. Well you don't intimidate me red head. No offense against red heads though. I love the flaming locs of hair and if she wasn't a bitch,I would have spared her a smile.

She didn't look away though. She continued staring back at me as if I had something on my face. Well I drilled my light brown eyes into her green hues challenging her. We did a state down for what felt like an hour but we're only seconds and I saw her withering and looked away. I smiled internally and continued listening to Kelly who had no idea about what just happened.

Carolina didn't look at me again. Which I appreciated. I finished up my juice,bade Kelly goodbye and went back to my office. It wasn't long before I heard the beep of the intercom followed by the most annoying voice.

"Come to my office,NOW!" Boomed the damned Jonas.

I was tempted to give a sarcastic response back but I bit back my tongue. I had to remind myself that I was an intern and I would be leaving this hell hole in three months.

"Well,let's see what the fucker wants!" I rolled my eyes.

Hey loves here is another chapter ,i missed you so much guys ,I hope you love and enjoy this chapter and also show me love.

And don't forget to vote and comment...
Words 1122❤️✌️