Adam and.... UNNAMED DEMIGOD

DISCLAIMER

NONE OF THE CHARACTERS BELONG TO ME! THEY BELONG TO PITTACUS AND RICK

Note:Imagine that before he took the cab to Ashwood Estates (In the lost files: search for sam)he stopped for a while, and met this demigod along the way.

Adam POV-------------------

ON THE FLIGHT from London to Virginia, I tremble nervously, dreading my arrival.

(From Search For Sam, Copyright Pittacus Lore:) "Must be scary."I turn to see One sitting in the seat next to mine. She's been gone for most of the twenty-hour trip, off to her own private purgatory. "I can't even imagine."

Yeah, I say. I don't need to say anymore, One knows what I'm thinking.

I'm about to see my family again for the first time in months. I expect to be greeted as a traitor. Maybe I'll be executed for treason; killed where I stand, or fed to a piken. Mogadorians have no particular history or protocol for handling treason; dissent is not a problem they have much, if any, experience with.

I know my only hope is to convince the general that I'm worth more to him alive than dead.

“You don’t have to do this,” she says, a guilty, worried expression on her face. “It’s dangerous. When I talked about taking up the cause, I didn’t mean this....”

This is what we have to do, I say. I sound way more certain than I feel. But I have no choice: I can’t lose her.

“Once we land, we don’t need to go to Ashwood. We can go anywhere, try to find the other Loric …”

Screw the others, I say. Though my plan is vague, I know that my only hope of saving One, of keeping her by my side, lies somewhere in the laboratory beneath Ashwood Estates. I’m not doing this for them.

“I know,” she says. “You’re doing this to try and save me, to find some way to keep me alive. You think if you go back, you can maybe find some way into the labs. And maybe my body’s still there, maybe you can reengage the mind transfer, restore me, buy me a few more years.” She bites her lip, worried about the risk I’m taking. “Seems like a lot of maybes to risk your life over.”

She’s right. But I don’t have a choice: without One, I’m nothing. Even a 1 percent chance of succeeding is worth pursuing.

----------PAGE BREAK- THIS IS NOT FROM THE BOOK ANYMORE, IT'S ALL MINE *LAUGHS MANIACALLY*--------

AT THE AIRPORT, after I have refreshed myself, I was about to leave when I saw a girl. She didn't look like she was wearing makeup, but she was actually quite pretty.

"Oh come on," says One. "Aren't you going to go back already? Stop checking her out."

That snaps myself back into reality and my mission: go back home, try to be reconnected to One and have her in my head, accompanying me for a few more years.

But I can't shake off the feeling that this girl's not human, at least not completely. It was as if she radiated leadership, wisdom and power, but not as much power as one of the Garde. I was expecting her to be wearing high socks, or at least long pants to hide the scars of the Garde, but her ankles were smooth, without the markings I was looking for. However, there were multiple scars from cuts and wounds. My curiosity piqued and I knew that I had to go find out who, or what she was, so I walked over.

----------I'M JUST A DAM PAGE BREAK----------

Annabeth (ha!) POV

It's been a few months after the Giant war, and we demigods have finally been able to relax a little. In fact, it's becoming a bit like how it was before Percy arrived- boring, unexciting. I decided to come to Virginia to see some of the architecture, and get some relaxation we demigods deserved.

Suddenly, I felt an odd sensation, similar to the one I would feel when I detect another demigod, but slightly different. I turn around, to make sure that there are no monsters in disguise, but all I see is a boy with shaggy long hair, walking my way. He doesn't seem like a monster, but he gave out a strong aura, stronger than that of a typical demigod. In fact, it even felt like there were two presences instead of one! But how was that possible?!

He comes up to me, and puts out his hand, and I notice that he looks scarily pale. Hades kid, maybe. "Hi. I'm Adam. Can I ask you something?"

Sure hope that he's not one of those people who tries to flirt with me, but it feels like I'm dealing with something bigger. (Child of Athena smarts)

Unsure, I shake his hand and say, "Annabeth Chase. And sure." I'm taken aback by how warm his hand is, I expected it to be colder, since he was so pale.

"Um, Annabeth, do you travel around a lot?" He asks slowly. I am a bit stunned by his question, and the shock is clearly evident on my face, because he says, "Sorry. Don't have to answer if it's personal."

I calm down and reply, "Quite a bit, by many different modes of transport."  I laugh in my mind, thinking of the Argo II.

He seems a bit excited, and asks, "Alone?" I say, "No, with my parents, siblings, and friends."

He looks a bit confused and looks into my eyes. For the first time, I notice that they aren't like other ordinary human eyes, they're just pure coal black. No irises or whites.

Suddenly, when he's about to ask another question, he suddenly jerks away and says, "Nice meeting you, Annabeth, but I have to go now." For a second there I thought I could feel that other presence again, nagging at someone. I think I could have heard something like "Hey! Mog! Time to go! No time to talk with Miss Pretty Princess!" And I feel a bit offended. Adam stares into my eyes again, and I can faintly see the image of a teenaged girl, with a muscled body and blonde hair. He says, "If anyone asks if I was here, tell them you didn't see anyone." He shakes my hand and runs off, before I can ask him anything.

But it seems like that other voice was nagging at him, and seems as if that voice could have belonged to that girl whom I caught a glimpse of.

Bewildered, I ran over all the weird things in my mind.

1. He had a strong aura, but it didn't feel  Greek, Roman or Egyptian (hehe KC)

2. It seemed as if there was another presence-a teenaged girl who was nagging at him.

3. The girl called him a Mog. What was that? It definitely wasn't Greek, Roman or Egyptian.

4. His skin was deathly pale, paler than Nico's.

5. His eyes were completely coal black.

There were many other things that seemed off about him, but I let it go. Couldn't have been a threat to me.

Little did I know that he was something very much different from what I imagined.

----------ADAM POV----------

"Great job, dude! She must have been freaked out!" One tells me.

Shut up, I say. When I was talking to that girl, Annabeth, I could see the gears turning. I was right. She was quite smart, defying the 'dumb blonde' stereotype.

"HEY!" One yells. " I'm blonde too, but I'm just as smart!"

I smirk and say, keep telling yourself that.

Annabeth may not have been one of the Garde, but I knew that she was something entirely different.

AN

Hope it was good! Comment on who else you want the garde to meet.

LL characters: 4,5,6,7,8,9,10

HOO characters: Percy, Jason, Leo, Calypso, Reyna, Piper, Frank, Hazel, Nico, Thalia....

Can meet in pairs too!

Going to try to update soon, but must review and comment! Please no flames- First fanfic! But if you want to correct or criticize anything, say it nicely :)

Bye~

Demigodshadowgarde