Leo and Ella

Hi! Here's the one shot suggested by Needan1

♡♡♡Love u guys for 500 reads! ♡♡♡

ELLA POV

Sigh. Another orphanage. Crayton's so anxious to find the other garde. Don't get me wrong, so am I, but we've been to 10 orphanages the past month. So far, there were odd things, but we found nothing.

Apparently, at this orphanage, Crayton said that there was a boy who seemed to set everything on fire without nearing a match. Is he possibly one of the Garde?

LEO POV

GREAT. Another foster home that kicked me out. Back to the orphanage.

I was greeted by many familiar faces, amd some new ones. They looked very scared of me. Not my fault that I have awesome fire-powers! I set fire to everything....even the rain(A/N: I COULDNT RESIST HAHAHA)

My little fantasy was interrupted by the bell, signalling that it was time for lunch. I sat alone, as usual. Everyone thought that I was a freak.

Then the new girl came in.

ELLA POV

Here we are, at the Orphanage. I used my Aeternus to make myself look eight (A/N: she's eleven here) and bade goodbye to Crayton, but with the peace of mind that he would be always watching.

I took a deep breath, and entered the orphanage. I looked around while the social worker introduces me. "Everyone, this is Ella. She's eight and her parents have unfortunately...passed due to cancer and an accident, so kids, say hello to Ella. She'll be with us for a while, so make her feel at home." I scanned the crowd, looking for the boy in the file. I catch him at the corner of my eye. He's sitting at a table by himself, all alone. He looks up for a while, and makes eye contact with me. I see his eyes. He's seen death before, probably in the form of his Cépan. Someone probably found him and put him in here. I feel bad for him. He apparently went to a few foster homes, but was kicked out, probably due to his Legacies. Wonder how he developed them without a Cépan.

I walk over to him, despite the mutterings I hear in the crowd of human children, saying "Why is a pretty girl like her walking towards the loser Leo?", "Why does she want to talk to him? Doesn't she know he's a freak?" At that one, I inwardly sighed. Well, so am I, I bitterly thought.

LEO POV

Are you serious? The new girl wants to sot with me? Well, guess she can't stand my hotness.

Or maybe not.

Maybe she's actually friendly and...or is she like me? Attracting weird monsters wherever I go...

"Hey," I muttered with a smile. "Leo Valdez." I stuck out my hand.

The girl gladly took it. "Ella Richards," she smiled back.