A Little Bit of Dinner

DPOV

I rushed home as fast as the speed limit would allow me. Ok, I was driving above the speed limit but only a tad bit over. I quickly ran up the three flights of stairs to my apartment because I felt I could run quicker than the elevator. I wized by the older lady that lived down the hall from me. She gave me a worried look and asked me where the fire was. I stopped for a second and turned around and told her I had a date this evening. She just smiled at me and shook her head.

I rushed around my apartment looking for my overnight bag. I had to slow down I told myself. I stopped in the middle of my studio apartment trying to remember where I had placed my bag. "Under my bed," I said to no one.

I took my bag out and tossed it on my bed. I began filling it with things I would need. I packed a pair of jeans, a sweater (in case it got chilly), three t-shirts, some shorts, socks, underwear, sandals and I would pack my showering kit when I got out of the shower. I would wear my sneakers there.

I took what might be the quickest shower on my record, 15 minutes in and out. I wanted to be on the road by Noon, which was in under and hour. I put my showering kit in my bag, I tossed my wet hair in a small ponytail and I was out the door.

I entered the address Roza gave me into my GPS. 4268 Cape Breton Cove, Irishvale. I didn't know that area and I didn't want to get lost.

RPOV

"Rose are you ok? Earth to Rose..." Lissa said snapping her fingers in my face to break me out of my daze.

"Hmm...What? Ya,ya.. I'm ok.." I turned around with a look of horror on my face. "Lissa, I have nothing nice to wear. I only brought my comfy clothes...What am I going to do? I should call Dimitri and cancel.." I opened my phone back up to redial his number.

Lissa grabbed the phone out of my hand, and turned me to face her. "You are going to do no such thing."she said as seriously as she could. Then a smile started to creep across her face.

"Lissa... I know that look..." I said with a sheepish look.

"SHOPPING! We are going shopping again.. Dimitri is going to be here in what...four hours? So that means we have two hours to shop and get back here. One hour to get you ready and into your first outfit. Than about 20 minutes to ooohh and aww over how awesome you look and get me out the door." she said with almost a squeal. "Oh, this is going to be fun.. I feel like a Mom on prom day."she laughed.

"Two outfits?...Why do I need two outfits for one date?"I said as Lissa grabbed the car keys, our purses and dragged me out the door.

On the drive to the mall, Lissa explained to me the reason behind the two out fits.

"You need two outfits because, this is how it is all going to happen... Your first outfit is going to be a cute pair of short shorts and a flirty tank top with a pair of flip flops. You are going to wear your hair up in a messy bun. This outfit is the outfit that you are going to greet him at the door with...Outfit two is the outfit you are going to wear for the actual dinner.. About an hour or so before dinner you are going excuse yourself and tell Dimitri that you need to freshen up.. You are going to go up stairs and slip into a sundress and a pair of thongs..Oh, don't give me that look.. You don't want your granny panties showing through your dress."

"Lissa..." I tired to say.

"Listen to your Mother here and don't interrupt me until I'm done explaining." We both laughed at that. " As I was saying.. When you are done getting ready in outfit two, let your hair down and fluff it out. I don't care if it only takes you 10 minutes to do all of this, you are going to make him wait at least 30 minutes. It will drive him nuts. Then just act like your shy self and you will have him eating out of your hand by the middle of dinner. That is IF you make it through dinner."