2: Entrance Exam

(Shinso pov)

As I approached UA I realized that I somehow did not understand just how big it, like I knew, but it's different to know than to see for yourself.

I walked up the building and decided to make sure to contain my astonishment and excitement in fear of looking like this green-haired kid I passed, because he looked like a little kid on Christmas mixed with first-day nervousness, and we are only taking an exam to see if we can even come to this school. I'll contain my excitement till I'm alone and actually go to this school.

I walked into the school in search of the exam room and quickly realized that that was where most people were going so I just followed them until I found the room I was looking for.

I found my seat and waited for the teacher to start explaining what we are supposed to do.

Present Mic was in the middle of explaining how the physical test would work when I realized that I was DEFINITELY going to fail. The test was made for people with physical quirks, and I am not one of those people.

As he was explaining the test a blue-haired boy with glasses raised his hand, then loudly announced, "Sorry to interrupt, but on the packet, it says there are four types of robots, but you only mentioned three. Also you with the green hair, please stop talking, it is very distracting, if you are not serious about becoming a hero then leave. And, you," He pointed to me," You don't look fit to be a hero, you look like you have never slept a minute of your life, your clothes are clearly old, and your hair needs to be cut and brushed. How do you expect to save others when you can't even properly take care of yourself. You are at the most prestigious school in Japan and couldn't even make yourself look put together before coming here? I'm shocked."

"No, I'm shocked, you don't even know me," I responded with a sarcastic smile, "You also don't know anything about that green kid." I pointed to the said boy.

"You look like you didn't even try to look presentable, you couldn't even buy newer clothes?" he responded with a rude tone.

"Some people don't have money to buy new clothes, not everyone is rich, maybe you should try to be more open-minded rather than judge everyone they meet just because they don't meet your standards." I honestly couldn't believe this boy.

"For someone who wants to be a hero, you should at least try to make yourself presentable, and not so opposing." Looking me up and down, he scoffed and looked away.

"Maybe you're right," I said in a light tone while standing up, "I mean, I am definitely going to fail the test anyway, so maybe you're right, maybe I'm not meant to be a hero," As I started walking towards the door Present Mic finally spoke up.

"HOLD ON THERE LITTLE LISTENER" he shouted clearly concerned that I was so willing to just give up. "Wow, we sure do have some feisty contenders in the audience today, but please sit back down, maybe you will surprise yourself." He said while looking at me with a kind smile.

Not wanting to argue with a hero I retook my seat with a huff. I knew I wasn't going to pass the test, but as Present Mic said, maybe I will surprise myself, but I doubt it.

~flash forward to start of physical test~

As soon as I heard go I went, even though no one else was running. "One of them gets it! In real life, there will be no count down little listeners, GO!" Present Mic yells.

...

I took down maybe three one-pointers when it became painfully clear that I'm not going to pass. I already knew but it hurts more when I am trying anyway.

That's when I saw him. someone trapped under some rubble, but no one was stopping to help him even if they saw him. I decided to help him, I wouldn't want that to be me.

I approached him and saw him, he looked defeated. I grabbed some of the rocks that were on him and started to pull them off.

Surprised, he asked, "Why are you helping me, you're wasting your time, you are going to fail."

I looked him in the eye and calmly said, "I was going to fail anyway, can you get up now."

He got up, nodded towards me then ran off.

I just continued to help people rather than kill robots, I give up on that, there's no way that I'm passing anyway, so I'll just help instead.

(POV Aizawa) {In security room}

As all the teachers watched the cameras I noticed something.

One of the kids is saving people instead of killing robots, and not just one kid, he is going out of his way to help them.

This kid has what it takes, but he's not going to pass.

I glanced at Nezu to see if he noticed, but he was staring directly at me.

"So, see anything interesting? Because I do." He asked Inquisitivly.

I nodded, "Yes, one of the kids is helping others instead of breaking the robots."

That got the attention of all of the teachers.

"Which one"

"I want to see where is he"

"I know him!" Present Mic shouts earning the attention rather than the screens.

"Well, I don't actually know him" groans all through the room were heard after.

"No! What I mean is he stood out in the exam room. He Stood up for himself when the Iida kid mocked him," he responded.

"Iida kid? Do you mean Tensei's little brother? He mocked him?" Midnight asked.

"Yes, I was surprised too! He is nothing like his brother." Present Mic enthusiastically answered.

Deciding I was done with this conversation, as I wasn't interested in whoever this 'Iida kid' is, I turned back to the screen.

"Hey, watch the screens the zero pointer is about to crush that girl!" I yelled. They turned to me confused. then they saw what I saw.

(Pov Shinso)

The ground started to shake, then came the screaming and people shoving and running away. I still don't know what was happening.

Then I saw it. Taller than the buildings, there stood a robot, the zero pointer. I completely forgive the blue-haired kid because I too would have wanted to know about this robot. Actually I take that back, there was no reason to call me out on something that he knows nothing about.

Someone with yellow hair with a black lightning bolt in it grabbed my arm pulling me along with them to get me away from that robot.

Screaming. a girl screaming for help, I hear her. No one is stopping.

I needed to help her so I pushed the hand off me and ran back towards the robot.

"What are you doing!" The person who grabbed me screamed but I ignored it.

I saw her, but I froze for a second. Then I saw him, the green-haired boy.

I didn't know what he was doing but I knew what I needed to do.

I ran up to the girl and realized I couldn't move the rock on my own. So I turned to the boy, "Hey! Stop standing there and come help me!"

He ran over to the other side and we both lifted the rock, while the girl rolled out of the way. We put the rock back down. "I can't stand up I hurt my leg!" The girl yelled.

I lifted her on my back. Then we all ran away from the monster of a robot.

Then came the announcement. "THE EXAM IS OVER, HEAD TO THE BUS, IF YOU ARE INJURED WAIT FOR RECOVERYGIRL."

Hey!! I hope you enjoyed. Constructive criticism is encouraged!! 1295 words.