Chapter one - Family is not forever

Markale sighed she'd never felt this low in her entire 8 years of living, she could not believe it, how did someone she had known for so long do this to her. The last thing she remembered was  her 5'8 owner slowly singing her to sleep which they did most days, she never suspected a thing  "i've been a dumb dog" she thought peering out of the tiny flap on the post box she was entrapped in.

Markale barked and barked to no avail, no one was listening, no one could hear her, so she slowly curled up into the corner of the minuscule box she was enclosed in, her breathing started to patter,her heart beating 10x the speed of a rats lifetime. "What the fuck there's a gay looking dog in here Mark!". Light  slowly appeared inside the dimly lit post box and a an obtuse figure popped his large head into it, Markale jumped up at the sight of such a hideous creature, he reached for Markale poking his sausage like finger in her eye. "What the fuck, What a vile little bastard, ill eat his fat finger "Markale thought.

"AHHHHHHHHHH" the fat fucker screamed tumbling backwards onto the grainy pavement, Markale gathered all her dwindling strength and jumped out of the post box and pushed her legs to run leaving the weird men confused over what had just happened.

Panting behind a large bin, she took a moment to breath, she had ran for 15 minutes straight scared that the men would try to run after her before realising that they probably didn't care, no on did after all. Her own owner had abandoned  her, she did not see this coming at all, Markale shuffled her brain for any indication that these events would happen. A repressed memory came to her , her so called family talking about wanting a new dog , a better dog, a youthful dog a dog who can do everything she couldn't give them. Markale decided not to waste any more thoughts on those cruel humans, her stomach rumbled "need some scran right now" she thought.

"Snap, snap, snap", "over here", "this way" the cameras and shouting were persistent and loud as hell, all directed at a short dark pug with a beutiful smile: Maxine Bridgers. Maxine had always hated these kind of things but her owner was convinced they were good for their publicity. Maxine wasn't always this famous, she was a normal easy going dog until she started singing, her rythmetic barks were so mesmerising she had gotten a record deal, her owner was overjoyed "my sweet maxine we will rule the world one bark at a time" she said. Maxine needed a break, this life was so tiring.

"Maxine sweetie where do you think you are going?" her owner shouted with a concerned expression, she was very concerned with Maxines recent antics, it was not good for business. Maxine carried on walking, passing a broken post box, she couldn't deal with the pushiness today. Taking a cigarette out of her pocket, she reached for the lighter then remembered she usually has her owner carry it for her "dammit i really needed a ciggy right now, oh well maybe it's good not having one ".

Frustrated Maxine leaned on a bin, complementing her life and how things had gone so south for her. "CRASH" a heavy noise came from the other side of the bin.....