Ice Skating

I got a request for a Mikey fanfic that was really really cute where the reader is a bookworm and her and Mikey aren’t close, but they go ice skating and bond some, and I had to write this as my next Mikey fic. This can be any Michelangelo (2003, 2007, 2012, 2014, even 1987 if you’d like!)

~~~

You were sitting in your room, curled up in the corner of your bed, lost in the world of (favorite book). Donnie had told you about this book, and you were glad you listened to his book suggestion this time. Maybe you would have to check out the other books he told you about. Or you could go with Mikey’s idea, and start reading this comic book series he told you about. You were pretty sure it was about a hero named Spiderboy or something like that.

Mikey began to slowly take over your thoughts, and you had to set your book down. He was the cutest out of the turtles, and was nice company, but the two of you were drastically different. You were quite like Donnie; smart, quiet, and a bookworm. Michelangelo on the other hand was quite careless, loud, and a gamer. Nothing was wrong with that, just you two had hardly anything in common and weren’t very close, even though you had an obvious soft spot for the young ninja.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a knocking on your window. A small smile graced your lips as you walked over and opened the window for Mikey.

"Hello, Mikey," you greeted the young mutant as he climbed in, "What brings you here?"

"Things are boring back at the lair, so I decided to go topside and I haven’t really seen us in a while, and wanted to stop by," Mikey grinned at you.

"That’s quite sweet of you. I have been pretty lonely as of late," you sat back down on your bed and patted the area beside you. Michelangelo sat down and looked around your room.

"Do you want to do something?" Mikey turned to you, tilting his head.

"Sure. Getting out of the house might do me some good," you nodded in agreement.

"Lets go ice skating then!" the orange clad turtle stated excitedly and grabbed your hand. Your eyes widened, both at his suggestion and the action.

"Oh, uh… I really don’t know how to ice skate," you blushed in embarrassment. Or were you blushing from the way you felt when Mikey grabbed your hand?

"I’ll teach you then," Mikey held out his hand again.

"I don’t know…" you looked down, thinking it over. It would give you a chance to get out of the house. Also, you could get to bond with Mikey some more. But you sucked at anything athletic, and he would probay end up laughing at you.

"Please, (Y/N)?" Mikey pouted playfully. You gave a friendly sigh.

"Okay, let’s go," you agreed. Mikey gave you a huge smile and before you knew it, Mikey had you in his arms, climbing out your window and jumping from building to building.

About a little less than ten minutes, you and Mikey arrived at the local ice rink. To your surprise, the place was open and no alarm went off.

"Don’t worry, (Y/N). The rink is always open in case anyone wants to come in at night and practice ice skating or hockey," Mikey jumped behind the counter and grabbed a pair of skates.

"But, couldn’t someone rob them?" you tilted your head.

"What are you going to steal? Ice skates?" Mikey laughed. You had to admit, his laugh made you smile, "Besides, you can’t steal money or anything like that from here. That’s what’s locked up."

"Well, I guess your right," you took the pair of ice skates and went to put them on. Mikey jumped over the ledge of the rink and began to slide around on the ice.

Standing up, you grabbed onto the ledge around the rink and pulled yourself up. Your legs were shaky and you didn’t know what to do. Mikey slid over gracefully to you and held out his hand.

"I’ll help you," you placed your hand in his, and he grabbed your other hand. Michelangelo slowly pulled you around the rink. You held his hands tightly, afraid to let go, fearful you might fall on your butt or face.

"This is so freaky," you stared down at your feet.

"(Y/N), calm down. Its only your first time doing this, don’t worry about falling. I’ll catch ya," Mikey lifted your chin up. You frantically tried to grab his arm when he let go of you.

"Don’t let go, Mikey!" you shrieked and a laugh came from him.

"I’m not! But, I do want you to try this on your own at least once," Mikey put his hand on your back and pulled you a little closer to him. It was almost as the two of you were dancing, only on ice.

You don’t know how long the two of you had been like this, him holding you close, your hand in his. It stirred up a strange feeling inside of you, one you had never felt before. You enjoyed the feeling, however. Butterflies rose up in your stomach and you were sure your heart might break your ribs. It was strange. Did you like Mikey? Were you in love with him? Did you have a secret crush on the orange clad turtle? You didn’t know, but you didn’t care. Being with Mikey right now the way you were, you savored the moment.

"Hey, Mikey?" you looked up at the turtle and blushed as you saw he was gazing down at you with a smile.

"Yeah, (Y/N)?"

"I’m having a lot of fun," you looked back down.

"Think you can try this on your own then?" Mikey chuckled. Your eyes widened and you shook your head.

"Nope!" you held onto Mikey tighter.

"Come on, you can do it!" Mikey led you to the ledge and let go of you. You didn’t let go of him, but he pried your arms off of him. You reached for the ledge and held onto it for dear life.

"Now try and skate over to me," Michelangelo wasn’t that far, but the distance wasn’t comfortable.

"Do I have to?" you raised an eyebrow. The ninja nodded and you hesitantly inched away from the ledge until you let go completely. You slowly skated towards Mikey, staring down at your feet.

"I think I’m getting the hang of this!" you looked up at him and gave him a huge smile. However, that nervous feeling came over you again as he returned the smile, and you lost your balance, and headed straight for Mikey.

It all happened very quickly. One moment you were falling forward and felt arms wrap around you, the next, you were on top of Mikey, lips smooshed against his. Your eyes went wide and he simply blinked at you. You were about to pull away and apologize profusely, but before you could, Mikey placed his hand on the back of your neck and began to kiss you. For the next few seconds, you were completely frozen, yet you melted into the kiss, closing your eyes and wrapping your arms around his neck.

"We should go ice skating more often," Mikey smirked as you pulled away to catch your breath. You nodded in agreement as he pulled you in for another kiss.