Part Four

Everyone sighed as they filed out of the elevator and made their way to the bullpen. Derek stretched his neck as he sat at his desk, rolling his eyes in disbelief that Reid was still rambling about a vintage car we saw before we left Salt Lake City. Dave had already gone for the day, JJ was calling home to check on her son and Evan was dragging her heavy boots, a yawn coming from her mouth,

"Fuck, I need a drink," she groaned and fell into her chair, a few heads popping up from behind their computers.

"Isn't it a little early for drinks?" I checked my watch and noted that it was barely rush-hour.

"We just spent the last four days in Utah with shit coffee and no sleep. I need a whiskey."

"Girl, I hear that. Don't have to ask me twice."
Morgan rolled away from his desk, "if you think you can handle it."

"Excuse me!" she stood and grabbed her things as Reid decided to join in.

"Oh, you haven't seen Derek drink, Evan. He might actually crush you," he smiled and grabbed the jacket off the back of his chair.

"Don't you dare go without me," JJ grabbed her purse and started to follow Morgan, "if anyone needs a strong drink..."

"Wait, a minute!" I stopped everyone from practically running out the door and reached out to grab Evan's arm, "we just got back from a case, we all have a ton of work to do." I looked around at my team completely astonished. "There are reports and–"

"Hotch, come on, man," Morgan shrugged his shoulders, "can't it wait until tomorrow?"

"JJ, you should go get Garcia and see if she wants to go with," Evan completely ignored me, shoving past me towards the glass doors.

"Evan, you guys need to stay here. There is way too much work to be done."

"Then why don't you join us?" she raised a brow and bit at her lip in that persuading way. "Afraid you're going to have fun?"

"Yeah, Hotch," JJ's shoulders fell, "you hardly ever go out with us. We all had a long week, it'll be fun."

Reid nodded in agreement and it suddenly become four against one.

"I have a million things to do and so do all of you." I scolded the room as Evan rolled her eyes at me and shook her head in their direction.

"Come, on, Hard-Ass. Just a few drinks."

"You know I hate it when you call me that," I mumbled quietly, for only her to hear. She ran her tongue over her teeth and bounced her leg, the room waiting on me to answer. I looked over her shoulder then back at her with narrow eyes, "Fine."

"Yes!" JJ laughed and ran out the door in search of Garcia.

Evan grinned and pinched at my arm, skipping towards Morgan and Reid. "Dad said 'yes'! Let's go! Let's go!"

I laughed to myself and headed to my office to quickly put my work away before I caught up, trying to ignore the nervous feeling in my stomach. We haven't all been out together as a team since Evan has been here. I haven't tried to ignore her hands running up my thighs or tripping over my words with the whole team around, especially not in a casual setting. I knew that Evan and the other girls have gone out a few times and came back the next morning hungover and on occasion, Morgan would come in hungover with them but never all of us together.

"Hotch!" I heard Morgan call from across the bull pen. I shook my head at his impatience but soon heard boots coming up the stairs,

"Hey."