Part Ten

I smiled at her tattooed body and pulled my shirt up and over my head, the steam from the hot water already making me sweat. I felt her eyes on me as I pushed down my boxers and stepped towards her, the first time being this naked in front of anyone in a long time. I should have been nervous, her staring at me and studying my body should have filled me with anxiety but I confidently followed her into the glass shower with a grin.

     She stepped back into the water, her curls dampening and stretching down her shoulders. I watched her hair swirl around her skin and tattoos I might have missed, feeling like every time I saw her naked, I found a new piece of art etched into her body. They seemed to become more vibrant was the water ran over them, the colors and the lines becoming more prominent and defined, and I couldn't resist reaching out to touch them. She barely flinched as I traced over her ribs, feeling a few scars underneath the black ink.

      "Did you get shot in both ribs?"

     "Huh?" she looked down at my hands on her. "Oh, no, I got shot on this side."

     "What are these from?"

      "A tree and a fence," she wiped her face with her damp hands, "I fell out of a tree and landed on the fence underneath it when I was, like, eighteen."

      "What were you doing up in a tree?" I could only imagine.

      "Trying to get over the fence."

       I shook my head and reached out with my other hand, all my fingers tracing over tattoos and scratches that I needed to memorize. I pushed up and over her chest, a small sigh coming from both of us. She bit at her lip as my hands crept up to her neck and pulled her in for a kiss. She tasted like those pancakes. I felt her wet arms reach around my body and her fingers gently pull at my muscles. Despite the heat and the steam from the shower already fogging up the glass doors, I felt every inch of my skin become covered in goosebumps.

     I ran my hands back down her shoulder and felt that bandage still wrapped around her arm,

      "Shouldn't you have taken this off before getting it wet?" I raised a brow as I unwound it from her wound.

      "Probably but I was a little distracted," she looked up at me with a bit lip and winced as the fabric got caught on a stitch.

      "Sorry," I balled up the bandage and tossed it over the top of the shower. "I think it's fine," I looked closely, having a hard time telling exactly what I was looking at, between the dried blood and the tattoo it was holding together.

      She leaned her arm back into the water and groaned in pain at the sting of the water. "Ahh, damn."

      "You need to take another Tylenol?"

      She glared and gently washed over her stitches with her hand, "don't start."

      "Fine," I ignored her attitude and pulled her back to me, not being in any mood to argue. I grabbed her face again and kissed her, being reminded of the first time we ever kissed in my office. Hot and heavy and full of want and need, our breath filling the room and our hands all over each other. She pulled away for only a second to bite that lip and carefully spin me around to put me in the water.

     It felt so good to be getting clean, the heat relaxing my muscles and melting away any stress leftover from the last case. I was only able enjoy it, however, for a moment, feeling Evan's hand fall down my chest and wrap around my dick.

     "Jesus," I jumped, unprepared for the sudden sensation.

      "Sorry," she giggled, "did that scare you?"