New experiences

The Christmas before starting Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Nuntis was on the fence about magic, it was a part of her but it wasn't a part that she always embraced. In other words, the idea of going to Hogwarts scared her. No. It terrified her. She wasn't stupid, her sperm doner of a father knew her age. It was a risk. He could find her. Her presents didn't help at all. Notebooks, stationary, and the likes. One present that confused her was one wrapped in newspaper in comparison to the rest that was wrapped in neat brown paper and tied with string. It was squishy. The youngest Lucifera looked to her mother, who nodded with an excited smile for her to open it. Tearing into the paper, Nuntis could not help but be even more confused. It was a blue collar. The thick material was held in her hands as she stared at it. Nuts raised a brow shaking the collar in question with a scowl on her face at her mother's smile. She hated those stupid 'I know something you don't' smiles.

"Mama! Bring him in!" Diana called in Italian to her mother. Lupa beamed as she walked into the living room carrying an animal. It was a Border Collie. A ball of black and white fur. They had gotten her a dog. Nuntis didn't know what to think in all honesty. Was it some kind of sick joke? Getting her a canine companion because she was a she-wolf herself? What was the meaning of this?

Carefully, Lupa placed the pup in her granddaughter's lap. "He is for you Tesoro. He has been trained to know sign language. The faculty at Hogwarts, combined with your therapist that it would be beneficial for you to receive a service dog." Nonna Lupa began to explain only to be interrupted by Diana.

"He is called Tyr mi amor. Hogwarts has not had many students with disabilities. It was thought to be best for your safety that you receive some extra help. For example, if you were to fall in a trick step or get lost; Tyr can alert someone to come to your aid." Diana explained as she placed Nuntis' hands to slip the collar over the excited pup's neck. "He has been excited to meet you Tesoro." The girl didn't bother communicating, she let her hands draw shapes in the animal's fur, studying it. Was she that weak? Her father, if he could even be called that, had started to train her in the ways of warriors. It was gruelling, horrific work but it was work to be done for her to survive. He had taught her that much, to survive against him it was necessary. This aid, this animal. Tyr. It was a sign of her weakness. Albeit, it was a cute sign. His fur was soft and fluffy, his ears perked and tail wagging. Horacio would love the thing. To Nuntis, it was a dual edged sword. Tyr was adorable and he was a companion she could take to hogwarts. He would be dependable and invaluable. However, there was a but. The animal would ensure she stood out from the other students more than she already would. If Fenrir was here, he would most likely gut the animal before her and make her sleep on its hide once the full moon arose. She couldn't let herself become too attached in case he came back but she so desperately wanted to.

Fenrir could no longer rule Nuntis' life. Thus, she would treat Tyr the way he should be, spoilt and well loved.

---

The journey from Tiree to Diagon Alley was long and exhausting for the mother-daughter duo. Lupa had traveled to Italy a few weeks prior due to a family emergency. Which involved the family farm, two cars, a chicken and a can opener. They had to get a ferry from Tiree to Scotland then they got a train to Edinburgh. From Edinburgh they got the train to London. The extensive journey took a myriad of hours that the duo spread over a few days. As it was Nuntis' first year and trip to Diagon Alley Diana had wanted to make it special for her little girl. Tyr's lead was grasped tightly in the she-wolf's hand and her bag in the other as they checked into the leaky cauldron late in the afternoon a week prior to the 1st of September 1972, it was a friday. This delighted Diana as it left the students the weekend to settle into their dormitories before starting the school year properly on the following Monday, the 4th.