Prank Malfunctions

Potions was a good class for any Slytherin. Horace Slughorn tried to be as fair as he could be but slytherin students, the students of his house held a special place in his heart. This was something many green tied students used to their advantage. Nuntis sat at the desk that has become solely hers the past couple weeks after pulling out the chair beside it as well. Tyr set himself under the workstation now having plenty of space under there. Nuntis' interpreter had already drawn up a chair, knowing better than to sit beside the girl. Despite her youth and stature she could be terrifying.

"Good Morning. Good Morning." Slughorn greeted cheerily despite the early hour. "We have bellies full from breaking our fast. Let us begin. Today we shall work on the cure for boils!"

Slughorn got a few "Good Mornings." or "Morning." in reply before he launched into great detail about how to make the potion, making notes in chalk on his spare blackboard. The other board held the instructions to make the potion on in Slughorn's messy script. It was a pain for any to read and so most followed the potion out of their books. Nuntis was one of the many students who followed from her potions book. Her interpreter made notes himself to help her if she had any questions to ask. This was so he could clarify what Nuntis was truly trying to ask about.

She sat somewhat bored as she listened to Slughorn having seen her mother and nonna make plenty of peculiar potions throughout the years. They even made one every year on all hallow's eve. It was designed to ward away bad spirits and souls and was poured over their log fire each year. She hoped they would send her some so she could pour it in the common room. Nuntis snapped back to attention as she heard the chairs of her fellow students scrape back. They had been sent to collect their ingredients. The she wolf followed them, carrying her book to remember what she required. First she collected the dried nettles and six snake fangs. Nuntis was not bothered by making multiple trips, collecting her Pungous onions, flobberworm mucus and ginger root. Her final trip had her grabbing shrake spines, horned slugs and porcupine quills.

Once she had settled herself by her cauldron, Nuntis began by starting the fire underneath the cauldron aflame magically. This was something she struggled to do. Nonverbal spells at her age? Practically unheard of, deemed impossible. Nuntis was determined to set her own cauldron flame on for the first time. Her helper tried his best to help the girl start the fire by the time she did, it had been 10 minutes and they were both sweating.

Nuntis scowled as she patted her forehead with her sleeve. Great, she was going to be uncomfortable for the rest of the day. She huffed before starting the potion off by adding snake fangs and stirring. Nuntis hummed 'Black Magic Woman' in her head as she followed the next instructions of slicing some Pungous Onions to add to the potion. Horacio had shown her the song by Fleetwood Mac. Despite having come out nearly two years prior they had discovered it over the summer and loved it. They could be often found dancing stupidly to the record playing in the local cafe. Usually after ingesting plenty of cake and sharing a pot of tea, it had become a weekly tradition. Whilst his favorite from the album had to be Albatross, the hilarity of hers being Black Magic Woman was not lost on the italian. She followed the instructions adding the rest of the nettles, mucus, shrake spines and the what not.

By the time she was finished it was five minutes into her 15 minute break given to her after the long potions period and the rest of her peers had long since fled.

"Very good my dear. I can well see why you were placed in my house. 15 points to slytherin for your ambition and determination." Slughorn praised. "Non Verbal magic is a feat to be proud of. Now run along and try to get a snack. If you are late and need a note, come find me at lunch."

Nuntis nodded, collecting her things before hurrying off to her next lesson of Defense Against the Dark Arts, it was more commonly known as DADA. Tyr followed loyally at her heel as she fished a banana out of her bag. She would have to bin the rubbish in her lesson to get there in time.

She had just finished her banana and was holding the skin when it happened. Sirius barged past her and coughed to cover his tripping jinx. He had pointed the wand at her feet but he missed. Severus Snape's feet caught themselves in a magical tangle and the poor boy went flying. The marauders, like many in the corridor, burst out laughing at the fellow slytherin. Nuntis balled her banana skin up as her hands fisted in her anger. She threw it at Peter, getting it to land on his shoulder causing him to squeal. Then. Nuntis marched up to Sirius. Drawing back her fist she decked him straight in the face.

Sirius let out a squawk of pain and fell back, clutching his nose as blood began to trickle from it.

"Dickhead." Nuntis signed before him a backwards peace sign and made an upwards gesture. No one had to know sign language to know what that meant, just know some muggle culture. Remus bit back a chuckle as Sirius stared up at the girl, a tad scared, a tad bewildered and a tad enamored.

She turned and offered a hand to Snape. Nuntis hauled him up once he accepted Tyr sniffing the boy as she patted his shoulder awkwardly. "Thanks." Severus whispered. Nuntis nodded, shooting the Marauders a look that could kill before walking with Snape to his next lesson. She would be late and had most likely earned herself a detention but it would be well worth it.

What neither slytherin noticed as their bond was beginning to form was the other Black boy staring after Nuntis with a look of pure admiration and astonishment. Regulus Arcturus Black had noticed a girl for the first time and well, he was already falling fast. As fast as James Potter had fallen for Lily the year prior. Was this the start of something beautiful or a tragedy?

Nuntis was correct when she got an earful for being late to her next lesson before being sent to McGonagall for what she had done to Sirius. The pair of them were to be serving detention for the next two days. Sirius for the jinx and use of magic outside of the classroom and Nuntis for punching him. With the wiggling eyebrows Sirius was giving her, the she wolf could tell the next few days were going to be hell. 

---

This weekend was meant to be recovery but i decided to write a chapter instead.