Scarlet trains and Scarred boys

Nuntis had decided that trains sucked before she had even boarded the Hogwarts express. What was the point? Aesthetics? Wizards had much more efficient transportation methods such as flying and the floo network. It must be aesthetics, the she-wolf concluded before she had even left her mother. The fact that to get onto the platform you had to pass through a fake wall, supported her conclusion. Diana lucifera had a strange look upon her face. One her daughter had never seen upon her face, a mix between sadness and apprehension perhaps?

Diana gently straightened her daughter's robes on her shoulders with a smile. "What's the matter?" Nuntis signed to the woman, "Are you going to miss me?" The elder woman laughed and nodded.

"Of course tesoro." Diana signed in return, she bent down to rub Tyr's head in goodbye. "Be good, the pair of you. No pranks, no fighting and remember what I said about the room of requirement."

Nuntis nodded obediently."Of course mama, write? If I send you a letter will you give it horacio?" Diana smiled and kissed her daughter's head. She gave the she-wolf Tyr's lead and gently nudged her towards the train. Once the girl was inside the scarlet carriage she left, carrying her suitcase and rushing to catch her own train.

Despite the fact that the girl had arrived so early, it was not easy for her to find a compartment. She and Tyr quickly found themselves struggling to find a compartment. Nuntis was unable to communicate to ask anyone for help, even though she was too stubborn to in the first place, juggling Tyr's lead and her trunk left her hands too busy to sign. Many other students gave the she-wolf peculiar looks as they pushed past her and made their way into the compartments. Some parents must be like her own mother and have to catch other transportation for work or they must have come early to try and snag a good compartment. Either way, the amount of people made finding a compartment harder for nuntis. She tried to dodge and weave through the crowd upon the train, only to fail. The she-wolf had tripped over her own feet, tumbling to the ground. Nuntis silently gasped as her hands caught her fall. They scraped against the fabric creating a friction burn on the palms of her hands. Her features folded into a frown as she started to be helped up, scarred hands gently grasped her forearms to help her. She sucked in a deep breath as she was helped to her feet. A boy had helped her, one with scars. He was taller than her, not that it was hard, with tawny eyes. He offered her a smile, "Let me help you." The boy offered as he calmly took her trunk from her. "Have you found a compartment yet?"

Nuntis shook her head softly, picking up Tyr's lead once more. She pet the dog's head to reassure herself, ignoring the pain in her palms as they brushed against his fur. The boy nodded once, "Follow me, I guess." he told her before leading the way. Nuntis watched him curiously as he pulled her trunk along before finding her an apartment. She took a seat as he put her trunk above their heads. "You don't speak much do you?" The she-wolf shook her head once more with a sad smile, she attempted to sign with him only for him to tilt his head. "Im sorry, i don't understand."

The smaller of the pair silently sighed, and pulled her book out of her bag. "Im mute." Was written neatly for him to read.

The boy hummed and nodded. "Ok. I'm Robert by the way. Rob Daniels." he awkwardly flexed his hands before letting out a chuckle. "I should not be glad your mute but. But, I thought you were ignoring me. The scars." His voice quieted by the end of his confession as he pulled his jumper sleeves to cover his hands. Nuntis shook her head. Her own hands reached up so that her long fingers could peel back the collar of her turtleneck, revealing her neck. Understanding overtook the taller boy's features. He offered out his hand, "scar buddies?"

The she-wolf laughed, the sound that came out was gargled and warped causing her to immediately freeze. She couldn't meet his eyes and her body heated up from the sound. Yet, she accepted his hand. They shook once before letting go.