Chapter 2

We ended up eating breakfast together today, and I was not looking forward to it. My Dad looked to be in a considerably good mood, but I know that he was plotting my demise.

I had just sat in my seat when Paris walked into the room, and by the looks of it, hadn’t gone into the bathroom yet. After staring at him for a minute, I turned to my father, just to see he was already looking at me.

“Asteria,” he said, “What is on Paris’s face?” Paris’s eyes suddenly widened, just coming aware that there really was something on his face and rushed out of the room.

I just smiled, while my Dad has narrowed his eyes at me, but I could see that smile he was hiding.

Paris ran back into the room, looking frantic, “Um, Ms. Asteria w-what is it that you p-put on my face…”

“Oh, you know, just some chocolate, nothing bad. At least you can lick your face as many times as you want today, just to get a tiny taste.” I said while smiling. It felt like the smile was going to go flying off my face. Then my Dad just had to go and ruin it all.

“Well, Asteria, I hope you have fun cleaning that off Paris’s face, because we have a guest today.” You could tell he was happy to be bursting my bubble. God forbid be mess up his precious Alpha King title. What are the people going to say, huh?

‘Wow, I can’t believe that the Beta had such a mess on his face’ or ‘He should not be close the to Royal family’

Well news flash, one, this live with a teenager, so just blame it on me. I’m not one of those rude little children who say just because they are 17 or 18 that they are not a child.

I mean I get why they say that because they are considered at “adult” they think they can make choices by themselves, but that is just stupid.

You prove that you are a adult by making smart choices, and being responsible, not acting like a child when you don’t get your way.

And two, they honestly should expect none the less from me, I mean, these people watched me grow up, or grew up with me.

They know what I’m like.

If they want to be an asshole, go for it, but don’t bring me or my family into your drama.

That would also include my pack, thank you very much.

“Oh, and who would be visiting on this, fine, fine morning dearest father?” I asked with a smirk on my face.

I had a good idea who it was, he would at least end up visiting twice a month, and honestly, he was pretty awesome.

“It would be Alpha Hades.” I knew right away because of his soft smile. Dad has had a soft spot for Hades, he has ever since he visited for the first time when I was 7 for whatever reason.

He’s just weird.

I mean, I love Hades I do, but he’s a grumpy old man.

Just don’t tell him I said that--I don’t want him to tickle me.

That shit hurts.

“Oh Hades won’t care Dad, what are you on. If anything he’ll just laugh.”

Knowing him he would just tease Paris for the rest of his stay because he’s, well, Hades, but you know.

“Yes, well, whatever I don’t care just please behave. You know how he hates when you put yourself in stupid situations that can get you hurt.”

Yeah well he also knows that I simply can’t resist the temptation.

He should know better by now, after all these years?

I’m hurt.

So, I of course just winked at my Dad while walking out of the kitchen, hearing him start yelling at me from the kitchen, making me laugh.

He never learns.

————————————————
It's short, I know! I'll update again in a few minutes :)

Word Count—673