New Students

Ilk felt a shiver down her spine as Miss Bitters introduced them; the old hyooman was still as scary as ever. She recognized most of the hyoomans from the last time somewhat; sure, they're far taller and older, but there were some basic traits that gave them away. Ilk noticed that all girls had sprouted bulbous-like appendages on their chests of varying sizes... breasts if she recalled correctly.

Even the Dib hadn't changed much other than his height and aging; same black trenchcoat, same weird scythe air, and same humongous head. He seemed to have recognized her too. He was pointing a finger at her, lower jaw hanging open.

"Hi, everyone. I'm Ilk." Ilk introduced herself, prompting the rest of her companions to do the same.

"Blue Cobalk."

"Foxtrot Konisho."

"Masouri."

"Echo Kadya."

A paper ball flew in direction of Masouri's head. "Nerd!"

Dib just couldn't believe it. Sure, Zim's skin condition might be a more-or-less believable excuse for his unnatural green skin, but this? Four bloody velociraptors whose disguises merely consist of contact lenses, wigs, and clothing and no one finds anything weird? What's wrong with these people?! And Ilk's name sounded familiar... Wait, isn't she the young Irken that came to Urth a few years back? As in, the daughter of one of Zim's leaders?

He recognized the velociraptors, no, Kryvtors. Blue was the one with the blue stripe, Masouri the one with the goggles, Foxtrot the purple one, and the only female, Echo, had no crest and was slightly shorter than her male companions.

"These are Zim's relatives from Urope, hyoomans!" Zim laughed, waving his arm towards his companions as if exposing an exhibit of sorts. "And Zim's not-so-little-sister too, of course! Keep your eyes off my sister!"

"How curious. The sister that disappeared for years without a trace just reappeared out of nowhere with a bunch of velociraptors?" Dib pointed out.

"I went on a student exchange to Urope and stayed over with Zim's cousins." Ilk clarified. To Dib's irritation, the rest of the class seemed to accept the explanation.

"Okay, you five, go take your seats!" Miss Bitters growled, pointing to some empty desks.

Zim pushed the guy next to him off his chair so that Ilk could set right next to him. The rest of the kryvtors sat in the other empty chairs, but it took them a while to sit comfortably; these seats weren't made for species with tails.

"Wow, humans with tails! I wonder if anyone has ever seen such a thing!"

"For your information, Dib-hyooman, our family suffers the vestigial tail syndrome. It's not like we chose to be born with these!" Echo twitched the tip of her tail, feigning offense.

"You haven't changed, Dib. You still go around calling people names just because they're different."

"Save your pitiful defense of human rights for your free time!" Miss Bitters hissed dangerously. Ilk noticed her hand was twitching on top of a red button on her desk. This seemed to placate the argument for the time being.

The first two hours of the class consisted of Miss Bitters explaining how the planet was doomed, doomed, and something about the extinction of giraffes. The kryvtors didn't really pay attention to what she said. They were desperately containing their urges to stay in their seats for the duration of the first period. In fact, Masouri nibbled about fifty pencils before the bell announcing lunch finally rang.