Zim's Guide to Courtship

"Hey, guys! How did it go?" Ignoring Skoodge's question, Echo plopped unto the pile of nachos on top of the couch with an exhausted groan, not minding—or noticing—the cheese on her body.

Skoodge blinked as the rest of the raptor squad followed suit and dropped unto the couch. Masouri looked like he had been stomped on by a herd of bigfootors; Foxtrot wore a torn, dirty beaver disguise; and Blue was covered from head to tail in white feathers and honey. The only one who looked normal was Ilk.

"Don't... ask." Blue shook some white feathers off his head. "Please, just don't."

"At least we got the Ibris back." Ilk explained quickly.

"And may we ask why they're in that... state?" Bob gestured at the raptor squad. 

Ilk rubbed the back of her head. "Let's say it involved a police chase, rabid cats and a McMeaties restaurant." 

"But at least you retrieved your ship, right?"

"Yeah. It's parked in this block, but Masouri activated the camouflage to make sure no one takes it again." 

Ilk saw the clock on the wall. 15:29. "I have to go. Gaz said she'd take me shopping and I'm curious as to what hyoomans have there." 

The kryvtors could only respond with load groans and hisses, though Blue managed to wave an arm. Sadly for him, Fury came into the living room and started nudging his arm, growling. 

"Ten more minutes, Fury..." This time, Fury pushed him off the couch with his head. Blue glared at the indokuro. "Okay, fine! Ancestors' sake, you're worse than my nephews! Okay, okay, I'm coming!"

Foxtrot snickered as Fury kept pushing Blue towards the elevator. "You know, sometimes I wonder if Blue's really in charge of ir it's the other way around." 

"I'm going to take a bath. Coming?"

"Sure, let's just get some real water."

Masouri waited until Foxtrot and Echo had left the room and were out of earshot to ask. "Hey, Skoodge, do you think I'm in the friend zone?"

"Does it have to do with Echo?" 

The orange kryvtor blushed deeply, crest bristling. "How did you-?"

"Come on, it's plainly obvious that you're head over heels for her. The only one who doesn't seem to actually know is Echo herself." Bob pointed out. 

"A-Anyhow, Dib says that I'm in the 'friend zone'." Masouri made emphasis with his claws. "With Echo and that we'll probably never get past it. How silly, right?" Masouri's laugh trailed look ass he noticed the look son the Irkens' faces. His stomach sank. 

"How long have you known each other?"

"Since we were assigned in the same training block at Midosis."

"Has she ever given you any signs that she likes you as something more than a friend?"

"What do you mean?" 

"Touching you in a.... Or touching you constantly..." Bob took his hands to his head. "I don't know, your courtship methods are confusing!" Skoodge rolled his eyes. 

"Anyhow, your look of an answer actually speaks for itself. You are in the friend zone."

Masouri groaned loudly and smacked his forehead." What am I going to do?! I don't want to be friend-zoned forever!" he cried out.

"Well, if she doesn't notice that you're dying to make little kryvtor babies with her, why don't you try crying it out a little louder?

The trio looked up at the ceiling. "You're saying I should yell iI love you' at her?"