Prologue

Thalia Grace was afraid. Sure, she has felt it before when she is at high altitude but this was completely new. She couldn't move from the fear. Around her, her sisters were being eaten by a new type of monster that the military dubbed 'Titans'. This all had started when Perseus Jackson killed Kronos, the primordial of time. The reason for this mess was the gods. They tried to cover up the creation of this new breed. The species was created when Kronos released a virus into the atmosphere with a timer to activate exactly one year after the Titanomachy. Every single mortal, turned to this monster, to torment the gods and half-bloods. Demigods and Legacies were the only groups spared, other than immortals. 

Thalia's brother died fighting for the camps. Her hunters were sent to hunt these Titans next. None of them had seen one and no-one bothered explaining. By the time they figured out what these Titans are, half of the hunters were dead. They were trained warriors sure, but fighting 15m tall goliaths was different. They didn't have the equipment or the knowledge to fight them. These monsters seemed immortal. Every time one of them cut a Titan, it just heals instantly. Thalia knew one person could help. But said person was missing since the Gigantomachy. Perseus Jackson.

Perseus Jackson was having fun. He was with his father, in Atlantis, training to be a better warrior. The main reason he agreed was to get away from his memories of Annabeth. Annabeth Chase, the person he loved was terrified of him. She had been growing distant from the moment he gave misery, misery in Tartarus. She had immediately fled Camp, leaving a note saying goodbye and the reason. He wasn't heartbroken or hurt. He had been expecting it from the moment he heard her tell Piper how scared she was of Percy. Percy had put an act for the sake of the quest. He was outside the throne room when he heard talking. Poseidon and Triton was discussing what to tell Percy. Him and Triton got along well these days after accepting the fact that Percy was his half brother.

Percy heard something that made him freeze. "The camps are destroyed and the hunters are next. We can't help. We are still repairing the palace.", said Poseidon. Triton argued, "But we must tell Percy. He will be devastated when he finds out there are no more demigods in this world." Percy's eyes widened. He turn and ran. He went to his room, packed his bag and left a note saying that he was leaving. He swam at Mach 2 towards Long Island. He walked up to the beach and ran to the big house but the sight he saw made him fall on his knees. The bodies of campers, everywhere. Some had limbs missing, some missed heads. Inside the Big house, Chiron lay, his legs and head torn apart, chewed on, by the looks of it. Chiron had a note clutched in his hand. It read:

Percy,

This note is meant for you. If anyone else finds it, pass it on. A new race of monsters has emerged. Kronos created a virus before he died to infect every mortal. The virus turns you into 15m long humanoid monsters with a thirst for human blood. Your mother was also turned. If you're reading this, that means every demigod is dead. The hunters are next. Save Thalia. Find Nico. Together, you must find a cure.

Your teacher,

Chiron.

Tears threatened to fall as Percy read this. He screamed with agony as he yelled, "DAMN YOU KRONOS!" Percy blinked the tears away and set out to find survivors and help his cousins.

Thalia knew she was at the end. No more hunters left. Her patron and sister, Artemis couldn't help. The gods were weakened due to the decrease in offerings, prayers and the extinction of western civilization. Probably the only two alive demigods right now, Percy and Nico was god knows where. Even if she knew where they were, she wouldn't ask for help. She couldn't put her cousins in danger so carelessly. Especially Percy, the man she loves. 

She smiled thinking about her cousin. She muttered her last words, "I love you Perseus Jackson." She looked up and found a Titan staring down at her. It reached out to pick her up and eat. Thalia was ready for death. She looked down. After that, the next few seconds were a haze. She could remember someone yelling in the background, the Titans around her dropping like flies, a blur leaping from one titan to the next. 

She slowly lost consciousness from the pain in her sprained leg. Before she closed her eyes, she saw a teenager with messy black hair and beautiful sea green eyes like the ocean. Inside his eyes, she could see a storm. She said, "Percy.....", before fainting and drifting into Morpheus.

When she came to, she was on Percy's chest, him staring down at her, concern in his eyes. She jumped up and turned tomato red. Internally, she was embarrassed. Thalia Grace, a member of a man hating cult had cuddled to a man. Percy was still staring at her, worry etched on his face. Before he could ask, Thalia said, "I'm fine Percy, it's okay. Just a pain in my ankle like there is a knife through it." Before she could react, Percy was hugging the life out of her, clinging on to her like a lifeline. Her jacket was wet, Percy shaking. With guilt, she realized that he was crying.

Percy mumbled, "I'm sorry I couldn't help the hunters. I only found out a few hours ago. Just like always I was useless. My friends always die when I could've helped them." Thalia slapped him with all strength she could muster. Percy flinched, still crying. Thalia pulled him into a kiss. Percy was surprised at first but slowly pulled her into him, kissing fiercely. After a few minutes, breathing became a problem and they broke apart panting. Percy said, "What just happened?" "I love you Percy." Percy was completely puzzled. Why would someone love me? I was just a waste of space. But he couldn't deny the fact that he had grown feelings for Thalia over the years. 

Thalia said, "I'm sorry. I forgot you had Annabeth." The mood dampened. Percy muttered, "She left me Thalia. She was afraid of me and what I was capable of." Thalia was shocked. Annabeth left someone who truly loved her, risked his life to save her from hell itself? Suddenly shocked turned to anger. The next time she was gonna see her, she will slap the living daylights out of her, that is, if a titan hadn't eaten her already.

Now, it was Percy's turn to surprise Thalia. He grabbed her and kissed her and muttered, "I love you too." Thalia smiled through her kiss. Just when they broke apart, someone they least expected appeared with a being that radiates absolute power. "Nico", both of the demigods breathed out at the figure.