day 14: 69

A/N so first up hello everyone. I'm going to give a warning for this chapter as it deals with a shark attack. It's not too graphic but I'll put a little symbol, * when the attack happens from both G and F's perspective. This chapter also deals with the rehab process so that might be triggering to some.
Here's a mega long chapter, 3400 words, to make up for the way. Schools been hectic.

**
Frank breaks the water's surface and breathes out deeply, flicking his shoulder-length black hair behind his broad shoulders. He levels out on his board and sighs, breathing in the salty air around him. It was a good day for surf. His friends were in front of him, some twenty metres away. Frank waves out his hand and laughs, bobbing in the water as a small wave moves him. He starts to paddle back towards them, slowly as to not strain his muscles, but he suddenly felt a weight knock him to the side and off his board. He cries out and grabs his board, only to be grabbed with a sharp piercing pain just below his knee and pulled be down below into the icy depths. The water swallows him, and as Frank looks down to try and get his leg free, he sees his worst nightmare as a surfer: a great white shark. He struggles and resurfaces, screaming for help and grabbing onto his surfboard. The shark briefly lets go and blood pours from his leg. Frank begins to paddle towards his friends, trying to meet them in the middle, but he feels the shark clamp it's teeth around the same leg and pull down. He reaches his friends and grabs onto their arms, screaming and crying, trying to get out of the shark's grip. Then, he blacks out.

**

---

Gerard looks down from the rocky cliff that surrounds Frank's chosen beach spot. Waves crashes against the rocks and the sun beams down on the glistening water. It's a good day to watch his boyfriend surf. Gerard has never been a huge fan of the ocean and instead opts to watch Frank surf the waves and bring him home-baked goods afterwards, mainly just to watch his boyfriend smile. Gerard grins as Frank rides a wave, weaving in and out before eventually stopping and swimming back out. He always worries whenever Frank goes out, stressing that he would get hurt or killed. Gerard can't help it; he is a worrier. He can see his boyfriend was a little way from his friends, and he sighs in relief as he starts to paddle back to them, he doesn't like it when Frank is alone. He leans against the fence railing and glances over the cliff at his boyfriend, but a frown blooms on his face as he sees a dark mass underneath the surfboard. His heart beats erratically against his chest and feels as though it will shatter any moment. He yells out as he sees the black mass knock Frank and him fall into the icy water. When he sees the fin ghost along the water's surface, his blood runs cold as he realises his worst fear is becoming true. Frank is being attacked by a shark. A big one.

**

Gerard runs down the steps to the beach, tears running down his face and breath coming out erratically. He can't lose Frank; he is his world. He gets to the water's edge as Frank's friends pull him onto the shore and a bystander tells them an ambulance is on the way. Gerard's face pales as he catches sight of Frank's leg. Well, at least of what used to be there. He can't even distinguish where Frank's leg used to be, all that is left is a mangled knee covered in blood and flesh. It makes him sick. A hand is placed on his shoulder and he looks up to see Frank's friend James, "I'm sorry, we tried to get him out as quick as we could, but the shark was just too strong."

"Don't talk as though he's gone already," Gerard snaps, already feeling the hysteria beginning to overtake him, "he's still breathing," shallowly, "we just need to" he shrugged off his cardigan, "James, grab his leg please." Gerard knows if he took even a second to think in full of what was happening at that moment, he would break down. He has to be strong. For his Frankie. The cardigan wrapped just above Frank's knee tightly, restricting some blood flow, it wasn't enough, but it was better than nothing.