Chapter 3 | Lab

My POV
August 21 20xx

Why the hell did I sign up to this, I regret this so much now.. we could see the tall lab in the distance, sadly it seemed to be quite far away from our current position.

It was smart of Aurora to bring lots of food and water in her backpack cause I'm positive none of us would've done that.

"I hate it here so freakin' much " I whispered to the groupe "why is everything so much bigger even the bugs are huge for crying out loud!" I said as we passed a horde of ants carrying "small" things like grass and dried fruit

It was getting closer, but I noticed something..

"Uh- hey guys- I think Ethan was right.. look over there! In that window in the far corner at the bottom" we all stopped walking and looked closely at the window,

BANG!

Slammed against the window was none other than Sammy D... he looked like shit, his face was all bruised and bloody, his arms were very tightly tied to back, his mouth was taped shut and his eyes were watering from the clear pain he was in.

I almost threw up at the sight in front of me, to see that they had the audacity I do that to us even though we did nothing wrong to them.

"I want to go home.." I said looking away from the gruesome scene that was playing in front of us, even though he didn't want to, Ethan took his camera out and started taking pictures as Sammy was being tortured to death.

Someone wearing a lab coat walked out of the building, we took this chance and snuck in before any workers could notice, but I soon wish we hadn't.

All I could hear was blood curdling  screams coming from almost every direction.. how many people were here?? How long has this been happening for?? I looked at everyone who were all as uncomfortable as I was in that moment

All of a sudden, everything went quiet, no more screams no nothing just silence..

" I don't like it here.." River said looking at everyone quite scared for her life, she was pale, her face was stuck in a shocked position. I felt bad..

"We're sadly going to have to stay here for a little longer, meanwhile I think it's best we find a better place to hide somewhere less, oh I don't know, in the open!" Aurora said looking at Ethan like he would lead the way, all she did was scoff, push him out of the way and start walking in a direction that we soon all followed her in.

We passed multiple different rooms, by the time we saw a large metal door, I got curious and looked inside through a small gap because the door wasn't closed all the way, I instantly regretted it.

Covering every wall were test tubes filled with some of the people from our town, around 20 tubes were empty.

I wanted to scream but a hand pulled me in a direction just in time for the scientist that was in that room to not notice me.

"None of these rooms are good to stay in" River said grabbing my hand and looking at the others

"Actually I saw a scientist walk out of a room a few moments ago, he was holding either blankets or pieces of cloth" Aurora said seeming less mad than she was about 10 minutes ago.

" then we'll go there and use the blankets/cloth as pillows and blankets for us" Ethan said looking in the direction Aurora pointed in

The hallway was empty, we all ran as fast as our little legs could take us and eventually we reached a room with a tall cyan metal door. We all pushed as hard as we could to open it and by the time it opened a I almost fell over.

The room was filled with shelves filled with blankets and cloth, we found a corner where no one would notice us and started making "beds" for ourselves.

"Alright i have an idea..."