Chapter 5 | The Shelf

-  Just a quick A/N before you read the story, uh- here the chapter I promised and I hope you like it

Im trying to find time in my schedule to work on the book so I'm sorry if some of the updates are later than others, but all in all thanks for reading my book so far!

~Freyja  -

*we need help* I read it out loud so that Ethan could hear what she had sent, as soon as I did we bolted out the door running in the direction that River and Aurora were last seen going in.

We had reached a room to see that River and Aurora were on top of a shelf, River looking terrified while Aurora was looking down at something that seemed to be on the floor.

There was a pile of boxes and blankets in the way so we couldn't see what she was so I made the mistake of stepping forward towards the pile, the heel of my boot making a small sound on the metal floor. As soon as I did this I realized my mistake, a swarm of angry eats came running towards me.

While I was running for my life terrified of getting caught by one of those dreadful creatures, Ethan was climbing the shelf River and Aurora were on.

"Are you guys ok?" He asked swearing slightly from climbing the steep metal shelf.

"Yeah I think we'll be ok, but will she?" Aurora said pointing down at me still running from what I assumed to be at least 13 rats.

I was cornered, I felt like I was in a horror movie with the rats slowly creeping towards me like a lion about to catch its prey.

WHACK!

I had squinted my eyes after hearing one of the rats squeal and scatter away with the rest of the rats trailing behind it.

"You ok?!?" To my surprise the person who hit the rat was River looking winded and struggling to hold a small metal pipe she must've found on the floor on the shelf.

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks" I said with a small smile tugging at my lips. A moment later she dropped the pipe and gave me a bear hug. I hugged her back.

As soon as we parted from the hug we heard footsteps, that's can't be good. We all ran under the shelf Rive and Aurora were under.

Ethan and I were the closest to the wall while River was sitting next to Aurora who was making sure things were safe. The next thing I know, I feel something soft on my hand, I turned and looked up to be met with the face of an angry rat.

I ran out while he was chasing me, the rat made so much noise that the scientist who walked in just moments before had heard it and sprayed it with a strange liquid and didn't notice me, thank god! He had walked out after grabbing something off a shelf.

"How did he not see me?" I asked turning back towards the rest of the group.

"I honestly don't know but you sure did get lucky!" Ethan said trying to not make the mood seem so serious.

"I think we should head back to where we set up our beds and sleep for a while, were going to need it" Aurora said grabbing Rivers hand and walking out.

"What exactly did we miss between those two?" I asked Ethan while starting to walk again.

"I don't know but I kinda ship it you know?" He said with a small chuckle. We laughed together on our way back to our beds.

"Welp good night you guys!" I said grabbing the blanket and laying down beside River. She looked at me and smiled before closing her eyes, we all fell asleep after what only seemed to be 5 minutes.