Chapter 1

Junes's pov:

As I look around the room, all I see are old vinyls hanging from the walls, people and an empty stage. And all I smell is alcohol, weed and sweat.

God I hate my Job.

As I make shots for a group of guys, everything in me is wondering why I'm still doing this job. I hate it. And I hate men.

I'm doing this to myself for nearly two years now, and I don't even get paid well.

But then again, I need this money more than anything.

I also work at a recordstore, but I love it there. I feel comfortable and home.

I wish I could be there now, but-

"Ey pretty girl, hurry the fuck up! We want our drinks!" one of the guys said to me.

I roll my eyes, while getting taken out of my thoughts.

I finish making the shots and try to force a smile at the already drunk guy.

"Here you go"

"Finally! it took you long enough" he groans and takes the shots.

Yeah you are welcome, I hope you spill the fucking shots! Asshole!

Is it so hard to just be respectful? I'm only doing my job, so get some manners!

If my chef would have heard this, he would kick this dude out.

My chef Mason is the only good thing this job gives me, besides the free drinks.

He is a 57 years old man with such a kind personality, he is always there for me and treats me like his daughter.

He doesn't tolerate people talking to me like this, but he is busy making other drinks.

We are the only ones tonight and it's going to be a really full and stressful night.

The other person who works here is Sam. He is a nice young boy, he just started working here, so I can't say much so far.

So normally it's just Mason and Me.

On nights like today it's really stressful when there are just two people on the bar at a pub full of people who want drinks. Especially like tonight when there is a band playing.

I just wanna go home and watch Mary Poppins for the 50th time and eat my leftover spaghettis from yesterday.

But that's not gonna happen any time soon, because we just opened two hours ago and it's gonna be a long night.

I don't even know the name of the band that's going to perform tonight. But honestly, I really don't care.

Every band that performed here before was not really good. But the crowd always loved it, so who am I to say something as long as I can pay my bills.

It's now 10pm and the band should start in half an hour.

The pub is already full and I'm so busy making drinks.

I really need to pee though.

As I'm making other drinks, Mason comes to stand next to me to get to the Ice.

"Everything alright sweetie?" Mason asks me while giving me his best smile.

I give him a short nod as I continue to make the drink's.

As I'm giving the finish drinks to a really pretty girl with her boyfriend, they thank me with a kind smile,

Why can't everybody be like this?