Storytime

Okay, hey guys this is an A/N at the start, I don't usually like doing this anymore but I have stuff to say which I'll forget to write at the end.

One - I'm sorry chapters have been so short, no one's actually made a complaint but I've been reading stories and I get annoyed at ones with short chapters. Then realised I was being hypocritical and have made a late resolution to make my chapters longer.

Two - From now on I am going to try and update twice a week on a schedule, at the moment I may not be able to do that as I am going back to school tomorrow and have a maths GCSE coming up in 12 days. Oh my god 12 days - I didn't realise it was that close *hides in a corner*. But anyway I am going to try and stick to it as soon as I can.

3 - PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEASE could you check out my new story Picking up the pieces? I would love somebody to comment and leave their opinion.

4- If any of you readers have written a HP fan fic which you think I may like (no Dramione or basically Hermione with anyone but Ron) then please do comment to me about it in the comments or send me a PM. I'm always open to new stories and would love to see some of my reader's work.

That's all, for the majority of you which skipped through this please go back and read point 1 and 4 also 2 and 3 are pretty useful ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Harry?" Harry had spent three nights at the Hostel and was really starting to enjoy life there, he'd made friends and for once he didn't seem out of place.

"Yeah Jaime?" It was night and Jaime's bunk was right next to Harry's.

"Why'd you come here really? Everyone has a reason. On the run? On holiday? Family issues? Run away from home? And don't spare me the details. I know everyone's story here, I'm the voice of the lost and forgotten kids." Harry tensed suddenly defensive.

"If you're so interested in my story why can't I hear yours?"

"Oh you can just ask, but it isn't pleasant." Nodding for Jaime to continue Harry rolled onto his side pushing his glasses on squinting through the darkness of the night.

"I grew up on a farm with my parents and my older brother. It was a sort of child labour centre. I worked with the plants, I'd tend them twelve hours a day and my brother worked with the animals. There were about one hundred other kids there, all relatives, orphans or street kids. I don't know how it wasn't found out sooner, my parents abducted kids and used them. Occasionally, being the owner's kids we were called out of the warehouse where we slept with the other kids and our parents tried to treat us. They feed us a hot meal, gave us new clothes and let us wash in a shower rather than the cold bath which every child had once a fortnight. It was once a month they were kind to us, all the other kids hated my brother and I. Claimed we were the idea for this yet we still get special treatment. I don't blame them. But one day that all stopped, my brother was spotted kissing another boy.

"My parents were furious, after that we were still taken out of the warehouse once a month but for different reasons. Our father claimed he could "fix" my brother and "help" me before I was turned too. He beat us one every month and our mother did nothing. In the end I couldn't stand it anymore. My brother and I tried to organise an escape plan, it worked, about thirty of us got out and I was one of them, some of the others are here too. Others went to orphanages if they were under sixteen. And there were the ones that didn't manage to get out. My brother included." Jaime looked down but no emotion was displayed, Harry could tell he'd told this story many times but couldn't believe the cruelty of it. His own parents. Shaking his head slightly Harry decided what was fair was fair, a story for a story.