Part 4

Well we finally got Annie to cave, so while I went to another showing she was going to go ask her ex husband. Trust that it isn't her first choice, but honestly it's not like we really gave her a choice. I sped down to the diner and parked my car behind this black car. The windows were tinted, so dark that you couldn't see inside, but it wasn't to the point where it was illegal. I made sure my gun was safely tucked in my waistband, where my blazer covered it. I grabbed my phone and keys and headed in the diner and sat down beside Annie, though she and Beth were busy looking at a certain table that Ruby was talking to. I didn't say anything until I realized it was neck tattoo. I really need to find out this guys name.

They both look distressed, so I couldn't imagine how Ruby was feeling. Mid conversation, when neck tattoo looks up at Ruby and then at us. For a second, I swear I could've seen a hint of surprise when he looked at me. I arched an eyebrow at him when he caught my eyes and he went back to looking at Ruby. I got a phone call from Val during the conversation, so I went outside to pick it up.

"Hello" I greeted when I out the phone to my ear.

"Ok your on speaker and everyone is here. Alright, so we got somewhat of a problem"Val said, but she sounded a bit nervous which was rare from her.

"What's that?" I questioned, trying hurry up the call.

"Six mile, the small time gang in Detroit, stopped negotiations with us and decided to back out." She said

"What? Why? I though we were close to closing on the club sale. I thought they were ready to sell" I exclaimed, frustrated at the lack of information given to me.

"Well, apparently they saw you talking to the leader of a rival gang and they think we have some sort of alliance with them, which sounds insane because we haven't had any meetings this week and you usually tell us who you meet." Tobias said, sounding confused. I looked back through the front display window and realized that neck tat and his guys were getting up and heading towards the door.

'Do you guys have a description of the guy, maybe I've seen him of something." I asked, turning away from the window.

"Well he's about 6ft, buzzed haircut, and the most prominent detail is a eagle tattoo on his neck, it's not hard to miss. Anyone meet the description?" Asked Jay.

Just then neck tattoo, thing one and thing two came out. Neck tattoo saw me and hung back or a second and nodded for his boys to the car. It was him. I talked to him at he bar and some fucking snitch probably saw or got a photo. Man the club that we were negotiating for was a nice for a small time thing and it would gather value over time when I wanted to sell.

"Let me call you back" I said and put my phone down. "What's up" I asked him

"You wanna explain something to me?" He asked, looking at me now. I arched an eyebrow slightly and he took the silence to continue talking. "The housewives back there are having a explainable reaction, by acting nervous and scared, though I can't figure you out. You've been calm this entire time, even when I had my gun near you yesterday.You didn't flinch." He explained and then looked at me for me to say something.

"I don't think I need to be scared of someone with a gun. Having a gun and putting it to someone's head is different from pulling the trigger. Anyone can do the first thing, but actually squeezing the trigger takes some balls." I answered, staring him dead in the eyes after looking away while I was talking.

"You think I don't have the balls to shoot you?" He asked, a smile gracing his face. It was nice.

"Nah, I think you do, but you won't." I said walking a bit forward and so did he.

"Why?" He questioned

"That's what you need to figure out" I said while smirking and headed back inside the diner. The girls were staring at me when I headed back inside, though Beth's stare wasn't really shock like Ruby and Annie's. It was different, maybe envy or resentment. I couldn't tell.