Chapter 2

Harry’s POV

            The next few days were really awkward. We did rehearsals, and we did our concerts in Connecticut, but Louis was hardly talking to me when he didn’t have to. I felt really bad, and I just wanted to talk to him. I wasn’t sure if he was upset about me sleeping with him the other night, or this whole thing with Taylor, which the boys all seemed really surprised and confused about. I just told them I needed to move on, and they just left it alone, though I think they knew it was a lie.

            I wanted to make up with Louis today, so we could enjoy our concert at Madison Square Garden, and the after party, but I never got the chance; now we were getting ready to go on stage, for one of the biggest nights of our lives.

            “Ready?” Liam asked.

            We all smiled and nodded, ready to take the show.

            “That. Was. The. Most. Amazing. Feeling. Ever.” Niall said each word separately.  We all laughed and agreed.

            “I can’t believe we just played Madison Square Garden!!” Zayn said excitedly.

            “That was incredible. Great job, lads,” I said.

            We all smiled, and went back to our rooms to change, and head to our after party. I got dressed quietly, and I noticed that Louis was wearing his fake smile. It took a long time, but I had established which of his smiles was real, and which ones were fake. This one was convincing, but I knew it wasn’t real. I could tell he was really upset, and it was killing me.

            “Let’s go, guys!!” Liam said, and we left for our party.

            It was great being with all of our friends and families. We sang karaoke, ate food, and drank entirely too much alcohol. At the end of the night, I held on to Taylor’s hand as we went back to her hotel, for another fake night of convincing people we were together.

Louis’ POV

            Madison Square Garden was amazing, but I couldn’t shake Harry and Taylor from my mind. He was always with her, and it just seemed so fake. I didn’t get it. I didn’t know why he was doing this. He had no idea how much I was hurting. I got so drunk at the party, that I could think about was Harry. It hurt so bad, I just wanted to drink the pain away.

            “Louis, we should go,” Eleanor said, lightly taking my hand. “We’re going Christmas shopping tomorrow, remember?” She reminded me.

            “Tomorrow’s Christmas, isn’t it!” I said excitedly as we walked out the door. “Tomorrow is Christmas, and today is my birthday!” I said as she shook her head sadly and pulled me in to the car and we drove away. “Where are we going, El?” I asked her. I wanted to see Harry.

            “Back to the hotel, Louis.” She answered.

            Suddenly, tears filled my eyes. “He’s not there, is he?” I asked hopelessly.

            She shook her head sadly. “No, Louis, he’s not.”

            I started crying, and dropped my head in my hands. “He left me alone on my birthday,” I sobbed.

            Eleanor rubbed my back soothingly. “Louis, it’s not your birthday yet. Just a few more weeks.”

            “You’re lying!” I yelled at her. “Stop trying to make me feel better! Harry left me all alone on my birthday, and he doesn’t care about me anymore!” I sobbed.