Chapter 5

Harry’s POV

“It would be easier for me to convince everyone that I’m not in love with you.” He said.

I stopped breathing, and my heart raced even faster. “Wake up, Harry.” I told myself firmly.

“You’re not dreaming,” Louis whispered to me.

“Then you’re lying! Louis, most of your jokes are funny, but this one isn’t.” I told him angrily. “You’ve been playing with my feelings for the past few days, and it’s not fair to me! I can’t be the butt of your jokes anymore, you have no idea how much I’m hurting! This isn’t funny!” I nearly yelled at him.

I saw tears come to his eyes and I immediately felt bad. “Harry, I’m not lying, I’m not joking, and you’re not dreaming. You’re right though; I was messing with your feelings and I’m so sorry, I never ever meant to hurt you. I just decided that I’d been holding it all in for years and I was sick of it. I was just being natural these last few days, Harry. I really am in love with you. I have been for years.” He finished.

I just stared at him, with my mouth hanging open like an idiot. “What?” I asked.

He sighed and came over to sit on the bed next to me. “I was in love with you basically from the moment I met you. I ignored it, and just figured we’d be best friends. I always knew that we could never be anything more, so I pushed my feelings aside. Then, that day you told me how you felt, I was mad at you. I was so angry because I had pushed my feelings aside for so long, and I thought you should too. After you walked out the door, and I knew I hurt you, and I broke down. I cried for days, and I was mad at everybody. That’s why after you told me, I distanced myself from you. It hurt too much. But when I see you with Taylor, it kills me. And I can’t stand it, because that should be me. I'm in love with you, Harry.” He said.

“You love me?” I asked, still not believing all of this. It was too good to be true.

He nodded and smiled at me. “Why are you with Taylor?”

There was no way I was going to lie to him, not now, no matter what it meant. “Because Sam and god knows how many other people at management are forcing me to be. Louis, she’s really great and she’s helped me through so much. She’s been a really great friend, and she feels really bad that I’m being forced to do this. But I’m only with her because I have to be. I want to be with you.” Absolute fear and realization dawned on me as I said this. “Louis, they’re never going to let us be together,” I nearly cried.

“I know, but I don’t care. We wont tell them. Or we wont listen. Or we’ll fight, Harry. I’ve put this off for years because I let that thought dominate my life. But I don’t want to let it do that anymore. I want to be with you.” He said firmly.

I forced a small smile. I was still scared shitless, but Louis actually loved me. “I love you.” I said seriously.

“I love you too,” he replied with a smile. He leaned in slowly and my heart raced as I realized what he was going to do. I closed my eyes and felt his hand at the back of my neck, before I felt his lips brush against mine. I reacted immediately by running one hand through his hair, and wrapping the other around his waist to hold him close to me. Our lips moved in sync for a minute until there was a hard knock on the door and we jumped apart.

“Louis, we need to leave!” Paul yelled.

“Shit, I didn’t take a shower,” He groaned.

“You smell fine,” I said.

He smiled and pecked my lips quickly before he got off the bed. “Thanks, babe.” My heart fluttered when he called me that. I watched him get dressed quickly before he sprayed his cologne on, and we got ready to leave. He walked to the door and paused before he opened it. I took the moment to grab his wrist and spin him around to me. I kissed him quickly again, and he smiled when we pulled away.