Chapter 4

Louis’ POV

            “I’ll see you in a few days,” Harry said, giving me a quick hug goodbye.

            “Tell your mum hi for me,” I said, trying not to be upset about him taking Taylor to meet his family. I spent the last few days really trying to be okay with the whole thing and trying to be a better friend to Harry. If he was happy, that was all that mattered.

            “I will. Bye Lou,” He whispered, walking out my door. We had a few days to kill before we flew to LA to do The X Factor finale, then we had a few weeks off for Christmas.

            Eleanor was really great, trying to help me keep my mind off of Harry while he was gone. We decorated Christmas trees, went shopping, wrapped presents; she even baked a lot, and I just watched, knowing that would be the best help I could do. I was trying not to be miserable, because it really was taking a toll on me and I wanted to be happy around the Christmas season.

            “You’re leaving for LA tomorrow, right?” El asked me.

            I nodded, “Tomorrow night. We’ll only be gone a few days though.”

            “Good.” She smiled at me.

            I sighed, and checked my phone again, hoping to hear from Harry, but he was probably busy with Taylor, and I’d hardly heard from him the past few days. “I miss him,” I whispered, forgetting Eleanor was there.

            She sighed, “ I know you do.”

            I looked up and forced a smile. “Sorry that I’m complaining. I’m going to finish packing.”

            “It’s alright, Louis. Okay, have a good trip. I’ll see you when you get back.”

            “Yeah, bye El.” I said as she walked out the door.

            I finished packing, and I laid down on my bed just staring at the ceiling, having nothing else to do. It was too early to go to bed, and I was bored of watching the TV. I started counting the spots on my ceiling, when I heard my phone vibrate. I grabbed it quickly and my heart started racing when I saw that Harry was calling me.

            “Hello?” I answered almost too quickly.

            “Hey Lou,” He said

            I grinned when I heard his voice. “Hey Hazza.”

            “Whatcha doing?” He asked.

            I laughed, “Absolutely nothing.”

            “You’re breathing,” he pointed out.

            I laughed even harder, “Yeah, and talking to you, and that’s about it. I’m literally lying on my bed, counting the spots on my ceiling.”

            He laughed, “Why are you doing that?”

            “I don’t have anything else to do. Eleanor and I did all of our Christmas shopping, we wrapped presents, decorated trees, and everything. And I finished packing for LA. So there really is nothing to do right now.” I answered. “What are you doing?”

            “I just got home from driving Taylor to the airport.” He said.

            My heart raced a little, glad she was gone. “How was your trip?” I asked.