Chapter 4

Ares

"You can leave now, you have done enough damage." She mumbled.

"Emerson you might not know it, but you are the one that changed me. I fell for you and it took me months until you agreed to go on a date with me. I begged you until you said yes, so I am sorry if I was hard on you." I said walking out of the room and closing the door.

I can't take it seeing annoyance in her eyes every time I look into her eyes. I love her so much. It breaks me to see her like that.

I start to feel a vibration in my pocket. I take out my phone to see the name, Valeri. I answer the call.

"Hey, Ares ." She greeted me through the phone.

"Hey." I greeted back walking towards the kitchen to make some food for me and Emerson.

"How is Emerson holding up?" She asked.

"Well, we kinda got into a fight." I sighed, getting out the spaghetti to make pasta.

"Why?" She asked again.

"Her hate for me is breaking me and I couldn't control myself and I grabbed her wrist too tight," I confessed.

"Ares, you need to remember that Emerson that you love now doesn't remember you. She remembers the Ares, the one that would get on her nerves every chance he gets." She reminded me.

"Yeah, I know. I am trying." I told her.

"Val, can you bring the babies tomorrow morning?" I asked her

"Yeah, of course, and I can come to sit with Emerson for a bit." She answered back

"Thanks, Val." I thanked her.

"No problem. Bye," she said. I said bye and closed the call.

I walked into the kitchen to prepare Food for Emerson and me. I started to get out everything to make red sauce spaghetti.

When I finished the food, I put some on a plate and got some juice and put it in a cup then I placed everything on a tray. I took the tray upstairs to our room. I knocked but no one answered. I walked in and placed the tray on the coffee table in the corner of the room.

I was about to walk out but I turned back to get clothes from the closet while getting clothes. I heard the shower running. I walked back out and continued to the guest room.

I used to sleep here when I and Emerson would get in a fight. But it would never last. I would go back at midnight and sleep beside her again.

I got in the shower. I turned the water to cold because of the hard-on. When I finished I got out and wore a boxer and sweatpants and got into bed.

I kept turning, but I couldn't sleep. I stayed awake until 1 am until I had enough and walked into our room and got into bed beside Emerson. I pulled her to me and kissed her head.

I whispered "I love you" and went to sleep.

I woke up to the alarm and I silenced it fast so Emerson doesn't wake up. I stared at her for a minute. She was hugging me like she always did in her sleep. I keep staring at her savoring the moment. I feel her moving so I get up before she wakes up, and walk back to the guest room.

I went to the bathroom to do my business and then walked to the kitchen to make breakfast for Emerson. I made Emerson's favorite breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes.

I start to get out the ingredients and the pan for the pancakes. I heat up the pan while mixing everything together. After finishing all the pancakes I take out the Nutella and maple syrup.

"Hey." Her beautiful voice sounded through the kitchen. I turn around to find her staring at my body. If she only knew that I am only hers.

"Good morning," I greeted, giving her a plate with pancakes with a big smile on her face.

She sat in the chair that is opposite of me and started to eat.

" When are the babies coming?" She asked.

"Valrie is coming over with the babies," I answered.

"Okay," She responded.

"Is there anything I can do in this house until the babies and Valrie arrive?" She asks.

"Yeah, there is a theater and there is your studio but that is closed with a pin you only know so I think that is off the table," I answered. She never told me the pin and I don't know why but I went into the room many times but she keeps it locked when she is not in the room.

The studio consists of her painting and sketches. And some of them are of me and the babies.

Flashback

"What are you drawing now ?" I asked as I walked into the room to stand behind her. I look at the drawing.

"Whatever my mind thinks of." she answered continuing drawing.

I look closer at the drawing to realize she was drawing me, I just chuckle.

"What?" She asked.

"It seems that your mind is thinking about me." I stated. She looked at the drawing to realize it was me.

"I guess you are always on my mind." she teased turning around to look at me.

"Baby, you never leave my mind," I said as I pulled her face closer to mine, crushing our lips together.

"I love you, remember that," I murmured against her lips.

"I would never forget, I love you too," she whispered back, smiling against my lips.

"But it seems like you forgot," I murmured.