Chapter 3

Emerson

"Hey baby, wake up, it's time to go home." Someone whispered, shaking me slowly. I was slowly waking up.

I started to open my eyes. The First thing I saw was Ares. He was still shaking me. The shaking was getting on my nerves.

"Stop it before I punch you." I hissed at him. I sat upright. Today I was going to the house that I am suppose to be living in right now.

"I am sorry baby, you have to get up it's time to go home so go change," he informed me.

He gave me a change of clothes. It consists of a maroon with black sleeve hoodie and black ripped jeans and vans shoes. I guess my style didn't change much during the last few years.

"Where are the babies?" I asked him, looking around for them.

"They are with your parents." He answered. I nodded at him and left to go to the bathroom to change.

I put my hair in a high ponytail. There was still a bandage from the crash. I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair looks shorter, and my face is clear. I guess I took care of myself in the past few years. I pulled up my hoodie to see I have stretch marks. It looks like it is from the pregnancy. It seems unreal that I have children the thought I have children and I forgot. I feel tears falling down the side of my face. I wiped away the tears. When I finished, I walked outside to see Ares was on his phone.

"I am done," I announced. Ares looks up. He started to stand up and walk towards me. He looked into my eyes, his eyes look like they understand me from one look at me.

"It's not your fault." He assures me. His hand reaches for my face, he looks at me for confirmation. I nod. He holds my face in his hand, I lean into his hand. I don't know why, but I feel safe and comfortable with him. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. I heard him say something but I didn't hear him.

"Let's go." He grabs my hand and bag. We walk outside. The cold air hits my face. I love the sensation of cold air. I take in a breath of fresh air. It feels like I have been inside a lot.

We walk towards a Mercedes G wagon. I stop in my tracks. I stare at the car in shock.
"Wait, is this your car?" I asked him. I look at him waiting for an answer.

"Yeah, wait until you see our garage." He chuckled at me.

I think he is loaded, not I think I am pretty sure he is filthy rich. As I remember he is rich. Wow, I have a taste in men.

"We will arrive at the house in about 25 minutes" He informed me "so if you want to watch something there is an iPad in the door."

"Ares, you are rich?" I questioned.

"Yes, baby. It's the perks of having a big company." He laughs at me. Shake my head at him. I open the iPad to see what to watch. I look through the tablet to find photos of me and Ares. I look very happy in the pictures. I turn to look at Ares. I take a moment to realize that I am married to Ares.

"Where do you live?" I ask trying to start a conversation with him.

"We live away from the city because you want to be in nature more and the kids could have nature time." He explained. I do remember that I would live in the forest when I finish college. I love nature, it gives me the inspiration to paint and write