Red Moon (simeon x female reader)

(before i get into the juicy details i want to apologize to any diavolo fans i may disgrace with this chapter. 🤭 i am well aware he's not a villain, but it just felt right to give him that part. i think i had a whole "the blood moon turns demons feral" thing going on here., but it's very fluffy near the end 🥺! )

you skid to a stop after rounding a dark corner and launch yourself into the dark botanical mess ahead of you. your eyes slowly adjust to the lack of light back here, and as you run you spot a nice place to hide- and make a beeline for it.

you plop down beneath a weeping willow tree and hug your legs, trying to catch your breath as it runs back and forth out of your lungs. your legs feel electric from running as fast as you were. red moonlight spills onto them, along with patches of grass poking up from the ground below you. 

your hands are shaking and your eyes can't focus; everything in front of you is a dark, chilly nighttime blur. your knowledge of your location is exclusively relative to where the moon is hanging above your head. your nose won't stop instinctively sniffling. just as you begin to form a thought, your eyelids feel heavy and tears roll out of them.

you try to cry silently, but you're just so scared. you squeeze your legs close to your chest and rest your face on your knees, trying to shrink into the greenery in the garden. after a few minutes holding in the noise gets harder, and you cover your mouth with your hand as your mini panic attack grows worse.

you hear footsteps on the other side of the garden. slow, cautious, creeping steps. your soul threatens to leave your body as you lift your head just a little, allowing one eye to scan the area.

you see a tall silhouette emerge from the shadows, and it's looking in your direction. crimson moonlight bounces off of it's eyes in a tiny, frightening sparkle. your heart stops and your breathing stills as whoever it is walks towards you, leaves crackling underfoot. the footsteps get closer and your body gets stiller. soon the silhouette is just a few feet away, and instinctively your gaze lifts to examine the threat.

instead of a dangerous predatorial stance, whoever this is is bending over kindly to look at you. you don't see devil horns or huge, spiky wings.

before you can make another observation, you hear a soft voices come from the darkness.

"y/n..?"

you recognize the voice, but you're hesitant. you shuffle a little. this has to be a trap.

right?

"i know it's you. you don't have to be scared." simeon speaks so kindly, but your heart is racing too fast to focus on anything other than hiding. you feel that someone is using him to get you out of your hiding space.

after a few minutes of tense silence, he crouches down to your level and looks you in the eyes, noticing immediately how distressed you are. his demeanor softens.

"oh, you poor thing. what happened to you?" he extends his hand.

you look at it, then up at him. you figure you can't sit here forever.

you take his hand and he stands up slowly, pulling you out of your spot and up on your feet. your eyes avoid his gaze but he reads you like a book.

"you don't feel safe here."

you shake your head no.

"would you like to come with me for a while?"

you look up at him. "would it be okay?" you ask quietly.

he nods. "of course." without another word he leads you by hand to the house of salvation. the large house is brightly lit on the inside, even now during the late hours of the evening.