Chapter 869

Antonio's POV: When Gabby said that she and Matt get to celebrate Valentine's Day for 72 hours straight...I was confused. Since when is Valentine's day a 72 hour holiday? I only knew it as a one day event on February 14th. That's when Gabby spoke up and gave me an answer. "Well you see, we actually have 2 celebrations within 72 hours of each other. Matt's birthday is on February 12th and then 2 days later is Valentine's Day." I nodded and understood now. "God, you are so lucky Matt! I would die to have my birthday within 72 hours of Valentine's Day."

Matt sighed and shook his head. "Trust me, it's not as romantic as you think. It means that either I am working on my birthday or I'm working Valentine's Day. If we're lucky...we can do something on February 13th but, you never know." I realized that was probably true and nodded. "Going to be weird celebrating it this year eh? I mean, you are stuck at home." Matt nodded and agreed. "Honestly though, I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. I mean, I have Gabby back...that's all the really matters."

Gabby smiled when he said that and went to give him a kiss on the cheek. Sylvie then turned to look at me and smiled. "Promise me we'll do something and that you won't be working late that night. Talk to Voigt maybe?" I nodded and understood. "Of course. Hopefully, I can get my kids to stay at their mom's place that night. Anyways...I am pretty sure that Hank is going to be giving intelligence that night off anyways." Sylvie was confused when I said that. "Why?"

I smiled at her. "It's going to be Jay and Erin's first Valentine's day as a married couple." She agreed and smiled. "Honestly, they are such a cute couple. They are like the Matt and Gabby of CPD." I smiled, just realizing that. "Holy shit, I totally see that now." Matt nodded and looked at me. "I swear, the parallels is just crazy. I mean, we just had a kid and got married. They just got married and are having a kid. His brother just got married and you are having a kid. So, it's like stuff is happening in our families at the same time."

I then sighed when he said that. "Unfortunately, COVID was also in her family too. So, that's another thing we have in common." Matt then got scared. "Oh shit, did Voigt get it? I mean, not crazy about the guy but...I would never want anybody to die of this." I shook my head and sighed. "No, it's not Voigt. It's actually Erin's mom. She died of COVID recently." Gabby then sighed and felt bad. "Knowing how hard it is to go through a pregnancy without your mom, she must feel horrible." Gabby then grabbed her phone and texted her.

Looking at her phone, Matt smiled when he read the text. 'Thinking of you. Just heard the news about your mom. Hope you guys are okay. -M&G' Running his fingers through her hair, he kissed Gabby's forehead. "M&G?" Gabby looked up at him and smiled. "Matt and Gabby. Thought maybe I could sign off that way when we are sending messages together through texts." I smiled and nodded when she said that. "Stop being so dang cute! You remind me of my teenage kids!"

Gabby chuckled and smiled. "Shut up, Sylvie does it too." Turning to look at Sylvie, I was confused. "Do you sign off on some texts as A&S?" Sylvie sighed. "Only if I am texting Gabby messages on your behalf. I promise, I know we aren't married and we aren't at that place in our relationship where I can speak for the both of us. So relax with that." I agreed and nodded before kissing her forehead. That's when I heard Eva walk up to my door. "Dad, can I get some food?"

I sighed and then nodded at her. "Eva, just back up. Remember. This is Sylvie's safe air space." Eva then pointed to the fact she was wearing a mask. "Shut up, I am wearing a mask in my own home to protect her." I nodded and agreed. "Sylvie, I am going to go make her some food. Eva go back to your room and I'll bring it there." Eva nodded and agreed until Gabby yelled. "Sylvie, put the iPad up so I can look at her." Sylvie nodded and agreed, showing Gabby's face to Eva.

"Eva, I want to talk to you when we are done talking to your dad okay? I want to see how you are doing instead of just talking as a group. If I call you, can you promise to pick up? I am worried for you Eva." Eva looked at her aunt and nodded. "Sure, maybe seeing Matteo and interacting with him a bit even if it's through a screen might cheer me up a bit." Gabby smiled when she said that. "Listen, go get in your bed and call me when your dad gets you some food. I promise we'll pick up." Eva agreed and smiled while walking away to her bedroom.

Sylvie then turned the iPad back to her. "You guys leaving soon?" Gabby nodded. "Sorry Sylvie, want to talk to my niece." Stella then agreed. "Go ahead Gabby. Listen, me and Severide need to get up from here for a bit. Starting to get uncomfortable." Stella and Severide both nodded and agreed. "Okay then, how about we just end now so that Gabby can call Eva?" We all agreed again and smiled. After that we all said goodbye in a chorus. "Bye all!" We all laughed when we all said the same thing before hanging up.

Eva meanwhile went to her room and waited for Gabby to call her.