Illusion

NOTE
Hope you enjoyed chapter one! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to ask or tell me so.
Going to first-person POV now, apologies for not clarifying the last chapter.

(Trigger) Talking about death
————————————————

  Traveler POV:

I felt myself slipping away, my mind feeling restless. Who can I trust? My memories from before are hazy.

Lumine just left. She left me in those ruins. After what felt like years of worrying and searching she left.

What am I kidding? I was asleep for years, she probably thought I was dead.

"Aether, Aether!"

Paimon shakes the traveler violently,
Snapping him back into reality. Paimon's eyes were big and full of worry.
"Paimon what is it?"

"Paimon saw you drifting off again! You can't drift off yet! Paimons hungry."

Paimon rubbed her stomach with sad eyes.

"Okay, I'll make you something."
I said.
Paimon glowed with happiness.
"Paimon mind fetching me my bag from your dimension."

Nodding eagerly Paimon disappears into constellations for a couple of seconds reappearing holding Aether's bag.

Aether pulls out an Adeptus stove and starts cooking some sticky honey roast for Paimon.

His mind wandered.

Have the people he's known for all this time been the reason why he and his sister were separated in the first place? Did they destroy Khaenri'ah?
What did Lumine mean by saying we always had enough time? Forget that, what does lumine mean by she traveled this world once too? Why does no one remember her?

All he had were questions with no answers.

.
.
.
.

Xiao POV:

After the lunch-in with Zhongli and the Fatui boy, I went back to Wangshu inn.

I entered as Verr Goldet was at her desk tapping her writing brush on the table.
She looked up at me eagerly.
"Well did you find him? Is he ok? Where was h-"

"No" I cut her off before she could ask any more questions.

I turn towards the stairs walking down to the kitchen. Smiley Yanxiao was there to greet me.

"The usual?" He asks.

"Yes"

As he began to start making me almond tofu I sat down at the table near the stairs.

That mortal.

How dare he make me- everyone worry for him.

.
.
.
.

Aether's POV:

As the afternoon began to turn into the day I stayed still lying on my makeshift bed.

However,
I couldn't get my mind off the boggling questions.

Paimon left to her little pocket dimension leaving me here to think of the worst.

I sat up making my way to the exit of the small tent. As I exit, I can't help but think about going to Springvale, for it was only a couple of meters away, and buying some food wouldn't be all bad. It would be a quick transaction anyway.

I walk towards Springvale inhaling the fresh air. I was thinking that I could buy some fowl from Draff but to no avail, he was not there. I'm not surprised. He had probably called it a night.

I don't feel like hunting would be the best choice at this time. I sure as hell didn't want to go to Mondstadt. It's not a good time to go see my old friends, especially now.

Perhaps a disguise may work?
Remembering the mask I got when I was confronting someone who was a semi-part of the treasure hoarders.

I call for Paimon, asking for the mask and some extra clothes. Paimon although suspicious still handed me the items.

I unbraided my hair, tying it into a ponytail. Hopefully, no one would recognize me while I'm in this disguise.

I teleport to the top of the knights of Favonius building using the waypoint. I quietly climbed down the building and made my way to good hunter.

Once I go up to order I try to change my voice, which I assumed worked because Sara didn't seem to recognize me.

While I was eating my Chicken-mushroom skewer, an idea popped into my head.

I could make my way to the tavern and perhaps buy a couple of drinks.

I wasn't much of a drunkard but I felt that perhaps it wouldn't be too bad to fetch myself a drink.

I get up from the table at which I was seated and made my way to the tavern. I guess now I understand the real reason why Venti drinks. To escape reality.

Before entering, a paper catches my eye.

Looking for a missing young female. Has blonde hair, and wears exotic clothes. Any information/assurance is greatly welcomed.
Please report to Outrider Amber with any information you may have. Many thanks!

At that moment I felt ill as if I were going to throw up, why does this hurt so bad?

I couldn't bring myself to continue, quickly opening my map and teleporting out of Mondstadt.

All I could feel
.
.
.
.
Was guilt