Unsure

Running through Liyue's plain, Aether was forced to learn that Xiao's stamina, unfortunately, never ran out.

Though Aether wasn't in the best condition, fighting that hilichural chieftain was no help, and his companion was currently unable to let teleport him anywhere.

Nowhere to run other than forwards.
"Everything just has to go wrong."
Aether says in a shaky breath.
Xiao picks up the pace, aligning himself with Aether.

Aether glanced at the Adeptus before he could understand what was happening. Xiao tackled him down
Sending the pair rolling down a small slope.

Once they reached flat ground, Aether hissed at a newfound pain in his leg. Xiao got up dusting himself off.

"You idiot, you almost ran into another hilichurl camp."
Xiao scoffs. Looking over to Aether who has tear-stained cheeks. Xiao's posture straightened a bit.

Aether gripped his leg tightly, trying to suppress the pain.
Xiao examined the blond's leg, the sight was not a delightful one.
Xiao was about to help Aether up before the blond spoke up.

"Don't touch me."
Aether used one hand to push Xiao away, while the other hand gripped his leg tighter.

"Traveler, let me help you, we can discuss what happened on a later da-"

"Xiao, please just stop."

"You're injured, I can take you to Wangshu inn, then discuss what happened in the two weeks you were-"

"XIAO TAKE A HINT, I CANT THINK WITH YOU GUYS ALL UP IN MY FACE, THERE'S A REASON WHY I LEFT! I NEEDED TO THINK!....I just needed to think."
Xiao looked aghast.

Never had he seen the traveler in such a state, the traveler who was kind-hearted and friendly, looked like a mess.

"I-I can't think straight, I didn't mean to raise my voice, I'm sorry." Tears didn't cease to fall.

The Yaksha let out a heavy sigh.
Xiao looked around, seeing no enemies, nor humans insight, he uses his hands to cover Aether's ears. Facing Aether towards him, Xiao softened his expression as he mouths, "No one is near, you can let it out."

.
.
.
.

"PAIMON SAID LET PAIMON GO."
Paimon fussed under Hu Tao's arms, the former squeezed Paimon in her arm.
"Aya, Paimon don't be so boring, let's go get some food, I'm starving."

Did Hu Tao say food?

"YES, LET'S GO!"
Paimon squealed in excitement.

"Hehe hungry my friend? Well, then we should hurry."

"PAIMON WILL TELEPORT US TO LIYUE!"
Paimon is bursting with excitement, not only did she hate how she had to live without some good food. But that Aether, although an amazing cook, only knew a certain range of dishes.

Paimon teleports with Hu Tao to the waypoint in Liyue.
Hu Tao said she'll treat, bringing Paimon to the xinye kiosk.
After ordering the two converse for a bit, Hu Tao adding disturbing little comments to scare Paimon.

While conversing two men approach them, "Well if it isn't the traveler's companion~ may we sit down?"
Childe asks.

"Gladly! Paimon likes the company."
Hu Tao says, patting Paimon's head.

.
.
.
.

(Wangshu Inn)

"He will heal in a couple of days."
Xiao nods, thanking Qiqi.

"Well, let's go now Qiqi."
Says Baizhu. Qiqi looks at Xiao one more time before grabbing onto Baizhu's jacket.
Leaving the injured traveler and tired Adeptus.

The room was quiet. Xiao sat beside the door of the room, while Aether stayed staring at the ceiling. Verr Goldet was kind enough to let the two rest in the one-room she could spare.

Aether's eyes were colored red, and quite puffy, the once silent room was filled with strained breathing and low sniffles.

"Is it my fault?"

Xiao looks up at Aether, who was seated on the bed. Aether was hugging his legs, head facing the window to his right.

"I can't say."
Xiao says,

".....I thought as much."
Aether replies.

________________
After notes!
This one was short, I apologize!
Next chapter is pretty interesting though.
_______________