Cheers

(Aether POV)

"WE GOT OUT! FINALLY! Well, I'm headed back to Mondstadt, bye everyone! Thanks for letting me crash at your place old man."
Venti said.

He grinned before teleporting away.

I had forgotten he could teleport, he probably couldn't teleport us out of the domain due to his powers being depleted.

"Xiao, traveler, thank you for letting me accompany you on your travels. I too, should be on my way."
Zhongli added shortly after Venti left.

Zhongli walked away from the ruins, heading towards Liyue harbor.

The night had already fallen, the clouds in the sky covered the shimmering stars. Although cloudy I still could sense the light illuminating from the sky.

Xiao had been quiet this entire time,
I shifted my attention towards Xiao, who seemed to spill of black energy,

Xiao huffed in pain, I looked around for any enemies before focusing back to Xiao. Is this the weight of his karma? If so I should get him to Wangshu inn immediately.

I lifted Xiao up, placing him on my back.

"Paimon"
I called out, Paimon appeared from a burst of constellations.
"Did you find the map yet?"

Paimon shook her head,
"Can you bring us to Wangshu inn?"
I asked Paimon,

"Paimon can bring you to Wangshu inn, but Paimon isn't sure if Paimon will be enough to take both of you, Paimon can try."
I nodded my head in thanks.

Paimon started appearing and disappearing into constellations for a bit, to no avail we didn't move during that period, Paimon then stopped breathing heavily.

But right when she was gonna start up again the floor under me opened up into a galaxy of stars.

I landed face first onto the floor of Xiao's balcony. It was a while since I had teleported.

"Ow" I groaned, picking myself up again, Xiao still rested in the small of my back.

"Traveler..are..you...a-alright?"
I managed to make out those words from Xiao's quiet groans of pain and growls.

I didn't want to respond, I didn't have enough energy to lie.

.
.
.
.

"Thank you, Aether and Paimon for bringing Xiao. He should be okay soon."
Verr Goldet finished.

I bowed my head in thanks.

"Paimon can you go check Xiao?"
I asked Paimon.

"Aether do you not wanna come too?"
Paimon asked.

"I'm going to look outside for a bit."
I responded.

"Okay..."
Paimon's voice deflated.

She floated towards the room Xiao was in. I walked out onto the balcony, the sky was less cloudy, and the night view of Liyue was gorgeous.