Part 1

You stared blankly at the television before you. A newsreel about the assassination attempt on you was playing. A live video of gunshots breaking out and screams echoed through your ears. This all happened hours ago and, now, you were holed up in your home in the heart of San Francisco. You were just at the Napa Valley Film Festival to promote your new movie "Damaged" and that's when everything went to shit.

The tv turned off and you looked up to see your manager, Steve, with the remote in hand. He murmured some good-byes and hung up his phone. He sat beside you on your couch, "So a friend of mine has his own security detail company. He's sending in his best guards. All of whom have worked for him for several years. They're highly trained, had a lot of training in the Marines, MI-6, you name it. They've also had thorough background checks, so we know they're good."

You simply nodded and Steve sighed, pulling you into his arms, "I'm sorry, Y/N."

And right then and there, you broke down. You were shaking like crazy and in complete shock. How could someone do this to you? What have you done to deserve an attempt on your life?

______________________________

Bucky Barnes and the rest of his team stared at your file while sitting in the private jet their boss, Tony Stark, had set them in. It was Bucky, Natasha, Sam, and Hope. All of whom have had extensive training. Bucky and Sam were in the Army. Natasha worked for the Russian government and Hope with the CIA. All retired from their previous jobs and went for something more "subtle". Well, working for Tony Stark's security company was as subtle as it comes, but it wasn't as intense as their previous employment.

"Jesus, this poor girl," Hope muttered, shaking her head. "She's completely clean. No track record or anything. A breakout star and this is how she's treated. She nearly dies and her assassin's still out there."

"Not for long," Bucky spoke up and all eyes were on him. He's was the leader of this team, "FBI's already working on an investigation. They'll get 'em. In the meantime, we'll do our best to protect this girl. She doesn't deserve this." Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

"So what's the plan, boss?" Nat asked.

Bucky cleared his throat, "Well, we're meeting her today. My buddy, Steve's, her manager and sent me her itinerary today. Honestly, there's nothing much she's got planned. She's still shaken up and prefers to stay inside for a little bit."

Nat shrugged, "Understandable. Makes things a bit easy for us."

"Maybe so, but that doesn't mean we can slack off. Hope and Sam, you two will do perimeter checks while Nat and I stick with the girl."

Sam scoffed, "Dude, she's 28. She's not some child."

Bucky rolled his eyes, "Shut it, will ya, Wilson?"

He held his hands up in surrender, "Just sayin'."

___________________________

"My best friend is actually going to be the head of your security detail. His name's Bucky and he's good at what he does, I promise. Him and the other three people on his team." Steve reassured you.

You looked at him confused, "There's only going to be four of them?"

He chuckled, "Trust me, Y/N, they're good at what they do." His phone pings and he checked it, "Ah. They're here." He got up from your couch and went over to the door, pulling it open, "Hey, jerk, long time no see!" he pulled in a tall man with brunette hair pulled into a bun. From the sense of familiarity, you assumed he was Bucky.

"Not my fault since someone is managing the stars, you punk!" Bucky gave Steve a shove and further entered your home. Behind him were three others, who you assumed were his team.

Steve took the helm at introducing them to you. They all stood in a line. Hands behind their backs. Their faces were soft, but eyes a bit hard. They definitely gave off the vibe that said 'You don't wanna mess with us'.

"So, everyone, this is Y/N L/N, as you know. Y/N," he gestured to the brunette, who you now noticed had very beautiful striking blue eyes, "This is my old friend, Bucky Barnes. Like I told you, he'll be the leader of this detail."

Bucky leaned over offering his hand, which you shook, "Nice to meet you, ma'am."

You nodded, "Likewise, and please, call me Y/N. Ma'am makes me sound old."

He nodded and Steve continued. He pointed to a beautiful redhead next to Bucky, "This is Natasha. She likes to go by Nat though."

She stepped forward and offered you a soft smile, "Nice to meet you, Y/N."

"Hi, Nat." Wow. She's gorgeous.

"This-"

The black man next to Nat stepped forward, "I can introduce myself, thanks." he said to Steve, who simply backed off his a smirk. He looked to you, "I'm Sam. I'm sorry we're meeting like this. We'll do our best to protect you at all costs."

"Thank you, Sam."

"Also, I'm the best out of these idiots." his comment made you smile and chuckle, which you haven't done since the assassination attempt.

Lastly, the woman after Sam, rolled her eyes and stepped forward, shaking your hand, "I'm Hope and I apologize for him," she nodded towards Sam, "There's a reason why his head's so big and it's not 'cause he has a big brain." You giggled, as did everyone else in the room.

Steve spoke up again, "So yeah, that's everyone. I sent Bucky your itinerary for today. Obviously, as you requested, you're not doing much today. But if you want a change of plans, just talk to him."

You nodded again, which you feel like you've been doing a lot, "Got it, Steve. Thanks."

"I gotta head out, but I'll check up on you, okay?" he pulled you into a hug and kissed your head, "Be safe, Y/N."

You hugged him back, "You too, Stevie." and with a nod to your new protection detail, he was out.

So now, there you stood, in the living room of your house with four bodyguards before you. What do you do now?