Epilogue

You were a bit apprehensive when your manager told you that your presence was requested at this year's Napa Film Festival. Just one year ago, your life was on the line. Just one year ago, Brock Rumlow attempted to kill you on the orders of Alexander Pierce and William Rawlins, two men you expected to leave in your past. But your past had caught up to you.

You thrown into a whirlwind of pain and emotions. But in the middle of it, you fell in love. It wasn't like the stories you read in romance novels. It wasn't love at first sight. Hell, you were annoyed with him right off the bat, but he seemed to worm his way into your heart despite his overbearing nature. Bucky Barnes became a part of you and, honestly, you wouldn't expect him to still be around today, despite everything you two had gone through.

But you're here, a year later from when everything started, standing with your new castmates in front of a crowd, answering questions pertaining to your new movie.

Bucky is still protective as ever. He can't help it. You carry his heart in his hands, you're his everything, and he'd be damned if he ever let something happen to you again.

"Perimeters still remain clear," Nat's voice resounds through Sam's comms.

Sam nudges Bucky, who simply leans towards him, eyes never wavering from you, "All clear. Your girl still remains safe."

Bucky's shoulders slump in relief. He shoots his friend a grateful smile and nods, "Thanks." and his attention goes back to you.

Someone from the crowd asks you a question and you look at them intently, a soft smile on your painted lips. You thank them for the question and proceed to answer, going into depth about the challenges you faced with bringing your character to life.

Bucky smiles as you come to life, speaking intently and confidently. You're in your element and Bucky is still so in love.

He pulls out his phone, excusing himself from the sidelines of the stage and move towards the crowd, taking pictures of you and the cast.

Your eyes scan the crowd and they fall upon Bucky. Meeting his gaze, the grin on his face grows bigger and he gives you a small wave.

You feel yourself ease and you continue to speak into the microphone, "Like my character in this movie, I've gone through a lot. She went through a lot of trials and tribulations and it was hard, but it was easier when she had someone at her side," she gives a nod to her fellow cast mates, "Last year, as some of you might know, something big happened to me. I was scared and confused and, overall, lost on what to do. But then I met someone and he helped me through that trying time.

"Before, I never truly felt safe, but then I met him and for the first time in forever, I knew what it felt like to be safe, cared for, protected." You switch the mic to your left hand, the engagement ring shining in the spotlight, "I fell in love with this man not just because he made me feel safe, but because he made me feel seen, like how Johnny's character makes my character feel in the movie.

"I'm glad to be back hear at the Napa Film Festival, to see you all again, and I'd like to thank my love, my fiance, and father of our future child for that, Bucky Barnes!"

As soon as the last words left your mouth, Bucky's eyes widened. He mouthed, "Really?" to you over the applause and cheers of the crowd.

With a big smile, you nod and rub your belly, causing the roar of the crowd to grow louder. He immediately stops recording to run up on stage, pulling you into his arms with a look of undying love in his eyes, "You have no idea how happy you make me."

You let out a watery laugh, "Thank you, Bucky. For loving me, for seeing me, for protecting my heart."

"You're welcome, sweetheart," he murmured before pressing your lips to yours, the roaring cheers and applause falling deaf upon your ears. For all that mattered was you and Bucky and your future child.