Chapter 3

Lauren Jauregui.

Lauren just kissed your cheek.

And winked at you.

Okay, Camila, pinch yourself- "Ouch!" Yep, you're not dreaming.

...But, you are being stared at, because you just yelped and you're not standing near anyone. Okay, abort the mission, get to the door. Ready? Run.

After making a (rather clumsy, yet speedy) getaway, Camila reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone- that Lauren Jauregui touched- and selected the contact that read 'Mama Sinuhe', since when she made the contact name only 'Sinuhe' she had gotten in trouble. So, Mama Sinuhe it was.

"Hello?"

"Mami, it's Mila. I'm all done, are you on your way?"

"Yes, I'll be there in a few minutes.. Did you meet Laura?"

"LAUREN. And yes, and she was perfect, and I almost cried."

"You'll have to tell me all about it.. I'll be there soon."

"Alright. Love you."

"Love you more, mija."

After hanging up, Camila looked down at her phone. Only a quarter of an inch of plastic separated her from Lauren's signature. Should I look? ..No. Save it for when she's gone and you're going through Lauren withdraws, 'cause we all know that will happen.

Within minutes, her mom pulled up, and Camila waved.
She opened the door, and almost immediately collapsed into the seat.

"So...?" Mrs. Cabello asked

"ITWASSOPERFECTSHEKISSEDMYCHEEKANDWINKEDATMEANDWETOOKPICTURESANDIDIEDMOMIDIEDSHEGAVEMEAWRISTBANDFORTHECONCERTTONIGHTILLGETTOTALKTOHERAGAINIMGONNACRY."

"Oh... Kay. I'm assuming it went well?"

"It was like a fairytale.. Except no prince and one princess and a fangirl. Could you drop me off at Dinah's?"

"Aren't you tired?"

"No way. I need to talk to Dinah."

"Alright.."

The rest of the ride was mostly silent, considering Camila seemed to be in some dream state that could only be caused by Lauren Jauregui and those coma-inducing eyes of her's. When they arrived at Dinah's, Camila jumped out of the car and called behind her, "Thanks Mami, I'll walk home. I love you!" Her mom might have replied, but Camila didn't know, because she sprinted inside.

"Hi, Mrs. Hansen!"

"Hi, Camila. Dinah Jane is-"

"Sleeping? I know the drill."

To say that Camila and Dinah were best friends was an understatement. They had met on the first day of kindergarten, when they both rode the bus to school. Since the two lived less than a block away and their stop was first, the two had sat together. No one said anything, until a boy sitting behind them pulled Camila's hair, making her cry. It was then when Dinah Jane stood up and punched him, right in the stomach.

Then, the taller girl had turned to her and said the four words that changed her life forever, 'Wanna be best friends?' And she said yes. From then on, they spent almost every other day at each others' houses and talked at least 8 times a day. And it was totally normal to come over unannounced.

Which was why Camila sprinted into Dinah's bedroom and jumped on her, waking her from her deep sleep.

"KARLA CAMILA CABELLO, I HATE YOU."

"I met Lauren."

"THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING THAT I HATE MORE THAN YOU, ON THIS PLANET."

"She kissed me."

"WHY WON'T YOU JUST LET ME SLEEP IN FOR ONCE?!"

"On the cheek, but still."

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU S- Wait, what?"

"I met Lauren Jauregui. She gave me a nickname. And kissed my cheek. And signed my phone. And gave me a wristband. And winked at me."

"Well, fuck a duck. Maybe you're not totally crazy for thinking you have a chance with her."

"Oh, it's not that crazy.. I mean, Lauren's a really flirty person, I'm sure she acts like this with all her fans."

"Mhmmm. Well, when I'm a celebrity, I'm not gonna be that flirty, so when I do wanna bang someone, they'll know. Hey, have you looked at the autograph?"

"Nope. I'm saving it for when I go through withdraws."

That was met with an eyeroll from her friend, before she asked, "Well, can I see it?"

"Do you promise not to mess it up?"

"Promise."

And so, with great reluctance, the smaller girl handed over her precious phone.

"Holy shit, Mila, are you sure you don't wanna-"

"NA-NA-NA-NA, I CAN'T HER YOU."

"But, Mila, you should know that-"

"Shut up! I wanna wait until Lauren's left town."

"Camila, I really thin-"

"Dinah.. Please?"

"Alright, alright. But, don't say I didn't try to tell you."

"I won't."

"Yes, you will."