Chapter 16

@NormaniKordei: This is Camila, right?

@dumbjauregui: yes

@NormaniKordei: Hi.

@dumbjauregui: hi?????

@NormaniKordei: It means hello.

@dumbjauregui: no shit but like why are you talking to me???????

@NormaniKordei: Lauren told me what went down with you guys.

@dumbjauregui: went down hahahahahah because she went down on me ha wow ok

@dumbjauregui: .....sorry

@NormaniKordei: Anyway, she's really torn up about this. You cutting her off, I mean.

@dumbjauregui: i mean it was inevitable that it would happen and i just tried to make it as painless as possible for me because id rather not get hurt thnx

@NormaniKordei: And is it?

@dumbjauregui: is it what

@NormaniKordei: As painless as you thought it would be.

@dumbjauregui: i guess not but it's better than pretending she cares about me

@NormaniKordei: But Lauren DOES care about you.

@dumbjauregui: i dont really believe that

@NormaniKordei: What if I can prove it?

ONE WEEK LATER

"I can't believe she's flying us out to California, like." Dinah turned to Camila with a huge grin as she continued to throw items from her closet into her suitcase.

"I can believe I agreed to fly out to California."
Camila responded, hanging upside down off the bed.

"Hey, dawg. You know what they say. When life hands you lemons, you strap a jet on that bitch and fly it out to LA."

Camila made a confused face, but laughed. "You're making me nervous. I don't want to fly on a lemon." Her friend laughed at her attempt of a joke, because that's what friends do, and Camila sighed again, reaching for a M&M from the bowl by her bed. "So, does Lauren know that you're coming?"

"I would assume so. I mean, it was her best friend that asked me to go, and Lauren's said in multiple interviews that they tell each other everything, so I don't see why she wouldn't." Camila shrugged.

"Unless she's setting you up and Lauren's not even gonna be there."

"Not funny." Camila sent her a glare and threw a pillow at her arm.

LAUREN'S POV:

"Goddammit, hold still." Normani struggled above her friend as she tried to get her hair and hands out of her face. "Not until I know what you're putting on my face, and why it's so important you do it now." The green-eyed girl responded, swatting her friend's hands away. "I told you, it's so you look good for the show tonight."

"And I don't usually look good?" The dark-haired girl furrowed her eyebrows.

Lately, she had been even more irritable than usual.

"You know you always look hot." Normani rolled her eyes, "It's just so you look especially good tonight."

"And why is tonight so important?"

"Because the tour's starting to take effect on your skin, and you're gonna be in LA soon, and I want you to be at the top of your game when you leave for the international tour." Normani shot back.

"I.. Ugh. Fine." Lauren gave in, throwing her head back against the chair, rolling her eyes as her friend began spreading some unrecognizable goop across her face. "You're so lucky I love you."

"Yeah, yeah, because no one else will put up with me, you've said this all before, now hold still."

CAMILA'S POV:
"Ladies and Gentlemen as we have have commenced our final descent into Los Angeles, California. Please return to your seats, fasten your seat belts and return your seat to the fully upright position and ensure that your tables are stowed. Please ensure all personal items and articles of hand luggage are stored securely in the overhead lockers or under the seat in front of you and that no items are obstructing the exits. After landing please remain seated with seat-belts fastened until the aircraft has come to a halt at the gate and the captain has switched off the seat-belt signs."

"Halleluiah, praise Jesus." Despite the fact that Normani had paid for first class tickets, (mostly because she was desperate for Camila to come), the brunette still hated flying. Dinah, however, didn't seem to mind it and was asleep next to her. "Dinah.." Camila whispered, poking the girl. "Dinah, wake up." She tried again, being more forceful this time.

Eventually, she began shaking the girl and punching her arm, all but screaming her name until she awoke. "Chill. I'm awake." She pushed her friend off her, mumbling sleepily. "We're about to land." Camila responded, sighing as she pulled her chair into its upright position. "Huh? Oh, cool." The taller girl responded as she prepared. "So, who's meeting us at the airport? Normani?"

"Nah, she's sending someone to pick us up. Apparently, she has to go with Lauren, straight to the venue."

"I see. And the dude's gonna take us there?"

"Yeah, I think so." Camila murmured, absentmindedly, as she stared out the window. They were out of the clouds, and the teenager could finally see California begin to form below her. It wasn't much different than Miami, on the surface, but just being above it made Camila grin. She had dreamed of coming here for years.

Finally, the plane touched down on the runway and she sighed in relief. It was finally over. ...Now, just don't think about the fact that you'll have to ride home, and you'll be fine.
At last, the doors were opened and the duo grabbed their bags from the overhead compartment, as well as Camila's laptop case, and headed towards baggage claim, because that's where the driver was meeting them. They looked around, and finally Dinah, being the taller girl she was, spotted a man in a suit, holding a sign that said 'Cabello'. "Um, hi.." She said, walking up to him. "Ah, are you Camila Cabello?" He pronounced her name cuh-mill-uh cuh-bell-oh, and she cringed. "CaMEELa CaBEYo, actually." She corrected, sheepishly. "My mistake. Well, if you have everything you need, then come with me."

The two girls followed him, but their eyes looked around the second they got outside. They were in LA, and would be for a week... Life rocks. Camila thought, grinning widely.

LAUREN'S POV:

"Life sucks." The green-eyed girl spoke to her friend as the hair stylist curled her hair into pretty loose waves.

"Don't worry, I have a feeling you'll be happier by the end of the night."
Normani responded, buffing her nails as she spoke.

Their bus ride had been a bit.. rough. They had gotten stuck in traffic, and because of that, Lauren hadn't been able to stop at home, like she had planned on doing before the show. And then, Crystal had told her that she was pregnant, the nerve, and couldn't go on the international tour. So, she'd be meeting her temporary manager-slash-publicist tonight.

"And what makes you so sure?" Lauren raised an eyebrow.

"I'm just smart." Normani smirked, and was about to continue, before someone walked in, making both of the girls turn to her.

"Hello." She said brightly. She was wearing a light pink blouse and a navy blue skirt that, along with her pumps, made her legs look miles long. She was tiny, and seemed nice enough. "I'm Ally Hernandez, I'm going to be filling in for Crystal while she's on maternity leave." She held out a french-manicured hand to Lauren, and the girl took it delicately. "Lauren." She smiled, her voice sickeningly sweet, and she knew that it made the new girl nervous. "Normani." Her friend was more genuine, and she stood up to meet the girl. "I apologize for my friend, she's kind of a raging bitch sometimes."
"Sorry 'bout it." Lauren interjected as someone got to work on her makeup.
Normani was about to continue, but she heard her phone beep and turned to it. The girl rolled her eyes, and Lauren raised an eyebrow questioningly. "I'll be right back." Was all she said as she walked out of the room.

What in the world was she up to?