Chapter 26

*Erin's POV*

"That was a ruff one." I was leaning at the door frame and looked at Jay, who was just grabbing beer for us from the fridge.
"Yeah. Poor girl. Died by just trying to get some money." He gave me an opened beer and I took a sip.
"I almost did it too." Jay frowned because he didn't know what I was talking about.
"Swallowing drugs. I needed money and for me it seemed like a easier way to get money than.." I stopped in sentence, not knowing how much Jay wanted to know.
"Go on." He encouraged me.
"...Easier than waiting for some guy to pick me up." I looked down at the bottle, not wanting to look at Jay.
"Er. Look at me." I slowly lifted my head and my hazel eyes made his green one's.
"You did what you did. It's over know and nobody's blaming you for it." Jay stroked my cheek and I nodded.
"I just didn't want to disappoint you." I wasn't ashamed of my past, but of what Jay would think of me.
"You could never. I love everything about you. The ugly things, the pretty things. Just anything that comes with you." With saying that Jay made me smile and I kissed him.
"Thanks." I smirked and he put his arms around me tiedly.
"Always." I leaned my head against Jay's shoulder and took a deep breath.
"The reason why I didn't swallow drugs for anyone was because the day before I wanted to meet with people I've seen a girl with a cut open stomach in an alley and that was the moment I relaised I wouldn't survive doing it." The very memory of it brought back all the despair I had felt.
"I'm glad you didn't do it." Jay stroked my shoulders.
"Yeah. Me too. My mother wasn't but happy but she never was." I wondered how my mother was doing in prison.

*Jay's POV*

I knew how much strength and effort it took Erin to tell me all this.
Erin started shaking a little and I knew that the memories overwhelmed her.
"Do you want me to do something?" I looked down at her.
"Just hold me and don't leave please." I tightened my arms around her and Erin clutched my arm so the memories wouldn't pull her down.
"Thanks again." After a few moments Erin got up and disappeared into the bathroom.
I didn't mean to followed her but then I heard her throwing up and opened the door.
"I thought I could handle it." A few single tears glistened on Erin's cheeks.
I rubbed her back and gave her a cloth to wipe her mouth with.
"I get hit by my memories sometimes really hard too." I put her back on the couch and got her some water.
"Thanks." Erin took a careful sip and then leaned back into my arms, which I had opened for her.
"You're always gonna gave a safe place here in my arms. As long as I hold you nobody will touch you or hurt you." Erin nodded, closed her eyes and snuggled up to me.
"Get some rest." I placed a kiss on the top of her head and a few minutes later she was sleeping.
I traced the lines on her face and just admired her. She was beautiful when she was sleeping. And I couldn't stop looking at her.
I was more than aware of my mother's ring that I still had in my pocket, but I didn't know if I would ever ask her.
It wasn't because I didn't love her because that was out of question, but I knew she still had her job and apartment in New York in case she couldn't stand it here.
When I stopped touching her, her expression changed and when I stroked her cheek she smiled.
"Sleep tight, Er." I grabbed a blanket and put it over both of us.

*Erin's POV*

I was awake already but didn't move because I didn't want Jay to stop letting his fingers run over my face.
"I know that you're awake." I could hear that Jay was grinning.
"Just pretend I'm not." I squeezed my eyes closer together and Jay laughed.
Jay tickles me and I tried to escape from it, but as a result, I fell off the couch.
Jay started to apologise but it seemed totally hilarious to me and I started laughing which made Jay looked even more concerned.
"Did you hit your head?" He raised and eyebrow but chuckled.
I didn't answer him because I couldn't stop laughing.
Jay grins, picked me up and carried me, still laughing, into the bedroom, where he put onto the bed.