Silence, my best friend

I'm sitting in silence,

Thousands of thoughts spinning spiral in my head.

I'm sitting in silence,

Because I feel like myself when I'm alone in my bed.

I'm sitting in silence,

It helps me clear the thoughts that involve what they said.

I'm sitting in silence,

And I'm writing my thoughts to prove it's the words that bled.

I'm sitting in silence,

And I will stay here until they pronounce me dead.

______________________________________________________

Meaning/ What this poem is about:

A person barricades himself/herself/themselves from the world in their bedroom (mainly from the people around) as they are targeted to hate, verbal abuse, taunts whenever they go out.

*Keeping the pronoun to masculine as using 'them' in the explanation ahead might confuse the readers.*

The words that they said to the person is getting to his head and he wants it to stop. He wants to find his peace of mind but their words isn't helping him to do it. He feels like crying but crying would make him look weak and would give others the satisfaction to hurt him. Thus he's writing this poem to bring out his sadness and portray it in a beautiful way. He's doing it to prove that he's strong and would not put up with their bullshit even if it means making his comfort place, his grave.