Foreword

Pic bcs this man lives rent free in my brain

(dont look at me i know i literally have no self-control 😞 and yes apparently i have a thing for the enemies to lovers trope!
and yes, since i didnt see anything written under the tags of friends to enemies to lovers - im creating the content i wish for lmao!)

ok so this came to me in a dream (obvs bcs i read Penelope Douglas' Devil's Night series) so this idea sprouted in my head.
I took some liberty (obviously) in crafting Hotch's childhood but hey since the writers of cm didn't, i took it upon myself to! lmao
So this takes place season 3-ish after Hotch's divorce, because I love baby!Hotch and will go in flashbacks (in italics) back and forth, until the mystery of their fallout is resolved!
And it will revolve only around 1 (one) single case - taken from Elementary, and spun around and jumbled up so it's more complex than it is.

(and sean and hotch have a difference of 5 years in age here - bcs idk, for fun)

Unspoilered review tags:

-daddy issues bcs everyone in this has childhood traumas

-idk if hotch is ooc but young him gets a background story and adult him is the same

-bad boy! Hotch bcs he's a piece of work in this (see point 1 lmao)

-mention of unrequited love

-implied sexual content (not quite smut)

-it's a slowburn in the grand scheme

-friends to enemies to lovers bcs they were childhood friends

-so much angst (u might end up hating both characters lmao)

-Hurt/Comfort

(idk why i like this trope so much guys maybe its mentol eelness)

This is posted also on ao3 - same username!

Also if u guys wanna: one of my readers in ao3 @/romantic1cs so kindly made this playlist (which contains some of the songs that ive been listening to while writing this and that match with the vibe of this story - and she's a goddamn mindreader and its marvelous)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5j07uDF548hw24O86CODEV?si=iUMjrvjJTvCUgZlc4knuLA

well: enjoy lol