Chapter 5

After waking up beside Itadori and feeling the soreness from getting railed three times in one day, you realized just how strange the situation was. Not only had you slept with your friend who you hadn't even realized you had feelings for,but you also slept with his twin brother, and had angry sex with Itadori again at the end of the night. As good as it was, you felt conflicted. You snuck out of the house again, thankfully not running into anyone on your way out this time. You got back to your room, getting ready for the day. Norbara had texted you earlier, asking to go out for a late breakfast. You agreed, standing up to get dressed. You slipped into a pair of jeans and a sweater, a comfortable contrast to the tight and short party outfits you had been wearing for the past couple of days. You were about to leave when you heard someone knock on the door, making your hand stop on the handle.

"Hey Y/N? Why'd you run away again?" You held your breath after hearing Itadori ask through the door, hoping he hadn't heard you shuffling around. You stayed still, ignoring his persistent knocking until you heard his retreating footsteps. You waited a couple more minutes before slowly creaking the door open, sticking your head out cautiously to make sure the hallway was empty. You breathed a sigh of relief, checking the address that Norbara had texted you and heading in that direction. You walked briskly, wrapping your arms around yourself as the slight breeze nipped at you.

You could see your breath fog in front of your face, despite it not even being that cold. You saw the coffee shop coming up, picking up your pace so you could escape the cold. You swung open the door, rubbing your hands together and trying to warm them up as you scanned the cafe for Norbara. You spotted her at the far left of the cafe, her head ducked as she scrolled on her phone. You noticed the stuff on the table in front of her, smiling as you walked over. You walked slowly behind her, grabbing her shoulders and hearing her yelp in surprise, smacking you in response as you laughed.

"Why were you late?" She asked the moment you sat down, making you bite your lip as you considered what to say.

"What's going on? You seem like you're...worried about something." That's all it took for you to start spilling what had happened. Norbara's face remained blank as you explained what happened with Itadori and even Sukuna, the words coming out before you could stop them. You shoved the croissant Norbara had bought for you in your mouth, trying to get your face to stop burning as you tried to gage her reaction.

"Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" She asked, standing up a little to hug you across the table. You tensed for a moment before melting into her hug, lifting your arms to wrap around her body as well. In all honesty, you weren't sure why you hadn't told her. It wasn't that you were scared of her judging you, you simply just hadn't processed it yourself. Norbara released you from her embrace, falling back into her sit before bringing her coffee up to her lips.

"You know you don't have to decide what you're going to do now. It's not like you and Itadori had decided to be exclusive or anything, you don't owe him shit," Norbara huffed, putting the cup back down. You nodded in response, silence filling the air before you changed the topic to how her classes had been lately. She sprung into a long rant about another horrible professor of hers and you laughed along, glad to have the distraction.

You couldn't remember the last time the two of you had hung out like this, but you missed it more than you realized. After sitting in the store for two hours, you finally decided to leave the cafe. After circling back to the conversation topic of Itadori, you realized Norbara was right. You didn't do anything wrong and you didn't have to have any conversations you didn't want to. You dropped Norbara off at the library and as you turned around to leave, you were startled to see Sukuna.

He had the same cocky smile on his lips as he walked towards you, your response being to duck your head and speed walk in the direction of your dorm. You felt a hand wrap around your upper arm and you rolled your eyes, a groan escaping your lips as you were stopped in your tracks. You continued walking, dragging Sukuna along with you as you tried to pry his hand off your arm.