Chaoter 6

A/N Okay so I've been getting a lot of comments and I'm so happy most of you are enjoying it!

Some people have been complaining that there isn't much of a plot and I just want to say, I'm tired of fics where Y/N is a pushover and whiny and not assertive. In my fic she knows she doesn't owe Itadori anything and is just living her life in university. Also its just a fic so its not that deep lol. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this chapter too :)

Also sorry for the lack of indents and bad formatting, I jut copy and paste it from where I post on AO3 so it fucks it up.

After your hookup with Sukuna, you had seen him one more time after that when he was leaving to go back home. Nothing happened between the two of you besides a few interesting texts and you were glad. It's not like you and Itadori had been seeing each other and agreed to be exclusive, yet there was a twinge of guilt eating away at you. You had continued to avoid him, but this had inadvertently isolated you from Megumi as well. It was as if the two were attached at the hip all of a sudden, so you spent most of your time with Norbara and Maki.

Your day wasn't exceptional today, starting with you sleeping in because you forgot to set your alarm correctly. You stumbled around the dorm to get ready as quickly as possible, smacking into about every wall and corner as your clumsily got dressed and grabbed everything you needed for your full day of classes. You got the worst seat in your first class, cramped in between two chatty groups who drowned out the professor so you couldn't even hear and also made it impossible for you to even get comfortable in your seat. The day continued along a similar trend of inconveniences and by the end of it, all you wanted to do was get back to your dorm and lie down.

When you stepped out of the lecture hall, you noticed it was pouring rain outside. In your haste, you had forgotten to check the weather in the morning, meaning you forgot your umbrella and jacket. The rain cloud had made the campus dark, as if someone yanked a sheet over the university to contain everyone. You knew you wouldn't be able to sprint to your dorm without getting soaked and with the luck you had been having you probably would end up falling or sick.

You lifted your bag so it was positioned over your head, sprinting to the library a couple buildings down. You slid your bag back down once you stepped through the doors, trying to brush the droplets that hadn't sunk into your clothes yet off. You signed in and walked over to one of the desks, pulling a chair out and wincing at the screech it made as it dragged across the floor. The sound had drawn the attention of a few people and you lifted your hand and ducked your head apologetically as you sat down as quietly as possible. You put your headphones in your ear, connecting them to your phone so you could listen to music and folded your arms across the table so you could rest your head.

You let your forehead rest on your forearms, closing your eyes and letting the music lull you to sleep. You weren't sure how long you had been asleep, but your nap was interrupted by your ringtone blasting at full volume into your ears. The sound made you jolt awake, a surprised yelp coming out of your mouth. You saw a few people glare at you again but you were scrambling to fish your phone out so it would stop ringing in your ear. You gave up after fumbling through your bag, clicking the button on your headphones so it connected the call.

"Y/N please I know you don't want anything to do with me but I really need my friend right now."

You froze in your seat, your frantic searching halted as Itadori's broken voice transmitted through the speaker. He sounded like he was forcing his voice to stay steady, but he choked out a sob at the end of the sentence. You wanted to speak, but his heavy breathing and muffled sobbing was all you could hear, your heart breaking with each sound.

"Itadori, are you at the house?" You asked softly, trying to keep your voice steady as well. Over the years of knowing him, you had never once seen him cry, so when he mumbled a 'yes' you began to mentally prepare yourself.