CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

As Aaliyah woke, her mind lingered in the realms of her dreams, as if hesitant to return to reality. Before even opening her eyes, she was aware of the wonderfully relaxed state of her body, her muscles free of tension in a way they hadn't been for some time. She gradually became aware of strong arms around her body and the feeling of incredible warmth and security. Instinctively, she snuggled against the warm softness and gave a feminine sigh, only to have it returned by a deeper, masculine one.

Instantly, Aaliyah was much more alert. She cracked an eye open only to discover an unruly mass of blond hair under her chin that could only belong to one person she knew. And that's when the memories of last night's events all came flooding back.

She had made love to Jason right here in this bed and it had been by far one of the most euphoric and amazing things she had ever experienced.

However, she was back where she had started with the dilemma of what to do now. The champagne had emboldened her like never before and she was now butt naked, tangled up with the man of her dreams who had no idea about her past or that she was even married. But if they had any chance for a future, he'd have to know. She couldn't keep up this facade much longer. He needed answers as much as she didn't want to give them.

She could do this. She had to.

Aaliyah closed her eyes, as if trying to summon some strength inside her.

Alright. Tonight, I will tell him. I will tell Jason everything there is to know about me.

Before she could dwell further into her thoughts, a husky voice whispered in her ear as the hand on her back began to stroke her skin with light touches.

"Good morning," he rasped and she couldn't help but smile. It felt so good to be the center of someone's world, to be needed.

"Good morning," she murmured, snuggling back against him as his arms tightened around her.

"I had a great time last night," he whispered against her neck as his fingers stopped just short of the place where the skin parted into two plump lips before traveling back toward her navel.

"Me too." She smiled demurely.

"How would you like to come over to my place after work tonight?" he asked. "We could have a real dinner instead of going out."

Aaliyah pushed herself up on her elbow to look at him. "Jason Moore, are you cooking tonight?"

He chuckled. "Are you poking fun at my cooking skills?"

She feigned to be deeply shocked. "I would never."

"You're a horrible liar." He smiled. "If you don't trust my cooking, I could take you out instead?"

She giggled and kissed his lips. "I'm just teasing. I have complete faith in your cooking skills," she murmured against his lips.